Current Player #42 Steve Seddon

As poor as Seddon is, he would have likely (along with Jones (if allowed to play) and Taylor) offered more to OUFC than each of their direct replacements.

We'd genuinely have been better off bolting the doors in January and saying "no-one in or out".

Absoltely f**king mental stuff.

I'm not sure that Seddon would have played any more for us than Fleming has.
In fact, he'd probably have played less because KR clearly didn't trust him any more at LB (for good reason!) and preferred Brown there. And neither KR or now Short seems to have any interest in doing the obvious and playing 3-5-2.

Fleming got a couple of games at LB before we realized that his defending was Seddon-esque.

No argument about Konate/Smith vs. Jones/Taylor, however. Would rather have the latter.

I'm not sure that Seddon would have played any more for us than Fleming has.
In fact, he'd probably have played less because KR clearly didn't trust him any more at LB (for good reason!) and preferred Brown there. And neither KR or now Short seems to have any interest in doing the obvious and playing 3-5-2.

Fleming got a couple of games at LB before we realized that his defending was Seddon-esque.

No argument about Konate/Smith vs. Jones/Taylor, however. Would rather have the latter.
Your on a hidden to nothing if your a full back playing for Robinson.

Imagine if the new manager actually signs proper full backs, after 5 years of Robinson pretty much ignoring the position it will be a lovely change.

Will have spent half of his 3 year deal here out on loan which pretty much sums up his impact at the club, his most memorable moment for me is when Robinson had his most “Karl” moment and played him at right back despite the fact he is completely left footed and was obviously low on confidence.

Seddon had the potential to be a decent wing back and looked good in his first couple of months getting forward. But he then struggled a bit and was then dropped at a time when we moved to a back 5, which was bizarre as that was more his role.

We can do better, but a decent run of games and a bit of confidence and I think he'll do well at Burton.

The right move for all parties.

There is a player there, as a full back just had to play under Robinson.
He’ll do well at Burton.

Back
Top Bottom