Stewart Donald anyone.....

Blimey - I know old Salmon Pants riled a few on here but it never quite got to this:

It gets a little toxic at Oxford occasionally, but this?
Until Sunderland go up, their fans will become more and more toxic.
If Neil doesn't get them up this season who in their right mind would want to manage them?

They just keep giving don’t they!
Surely their current “owner” must be near the top of their charts as well for lying that he had majority control of the club when that was a blatant lie.
Also I don’t understand the Donald swindle comment, has he actually made any money out of them? I can see some horrendous mistakes, eg Griggs, but is swindle anywhere close?
I think the idea comes from (from what I have read) buying the club for ÂŁ40million using ÂŁ5m of own money and the rest coming from prem league parachute payments (https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...ald-sunderland-ellis-short-takeover-payments/) then selling off 41% of shares to Dreyfus for I assume considerably more than ÂŁ5m. There is obviously more to it than that, but I think the whole "new owner" who turns out doesn't have a controlling share of the club fiasco has made people look to the worst.

Donald wants to get back to Eastleigh as/when he gets out of Sunderland.

Raised eyebrows at this quote…

“So I'll just have to weigh up my options, but Eastleigh is miles ahead of any other club emotionally for me, so I suppose it's watch this space really.”

I think the idea comes from (from what I have read) buying the club for ÂŁ40million using ÂŁ5m of own money and the rest coming from prem league parachute payments (https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...ald-sunderland-ellis-short-takeover-payments/) then selling off 41% of shares to Dreyfus for I assume considerably more than ÂŁ5m. There is obviously more to it than that, but I think the whole "new owner" who turns out doesn't have a controlling share of the club fiasco has made people look to the worst.
Seems a bit similar to Tiger using transfer fee instalments due on players already sold, to pay off Eales.
For some strange reason, many of our fans decided that those fees belonged to the club and should not have been used to pay Eales.

Fact is, they were known assets at the time the club was sold and whether Tiger paid an extra ÂŁ5M or whatever up front and then kept the transfer fees in the club makes no difference.

The Mackems are similarly convinced the parachute payments were for the club's exclusive use, whereas the club was sold on the basis those moneys would pay off Short over time.

Donald wants to get back to Eastleigh as/when he gets out of Sunderland.

Raised eyebrows at this quote…

“So I'll just have to weigh up my options, but Eastleigh is miles ahead of any other club emotionally for me, so I suppose it's watch this space really.”
Reading that if he wants to get his footie fix why then not go back to your first love, the Yellows, just as a supporter and avoid the turmoil of owning a club. He sounds a bit masochistic to me.

Anyone thinking that SD and Charlie did an upfront and honest deal when buying Sunderland may want to look at this thread from the Sunderland forum. Particularly as they now value the remaining 41% of the club at more than they paid 4 years ago.

Thread 'Donald and Close Bros - they 'owe' us at least ÂŁ7m more on top of what people think.' https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threa...ÂŁ7m-more-on-top-of-what-people-think.1573448/

Anyone thinking that SD and Charlie did an upfront and honest deal when buying Sunderland may want to look at this thread from the Sunderland forum. Particularly as they now value the remaining 41% of the club at more than they paid 4 years ago.

Thread 'Donald and Close Bros - they 'owe' us at least ÂŁ7m more on top of what people think.' https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/donald-and-close-bros-they-owe-us-at-least-ÂŁ7m-more-on-top-of-what-people-think.1573448/

Reading their post, Donald & co don't owe it as the charge was taken against the club (a separate legal entity). It isn't unusual for debt raised for a takeover to be passed onto the company being bought, after all the Glazers did it with the Man Utd takeover.

Reading their post, Donald & co don't owe it as the charge was taken against the club (a separate legal entity). It isn't unusual for debt raised for a takeover to be passed onto the company being bought, after all the Glazers did it with the Man Utd takeover.
But rather makes their "debt free" spiel on arrival a bit "grey"

"Donald said: "We have given Ellis ÂŁ40million. That's the deal price. His debt, he's now tied it up - and that's now gone from the football club, and it's not been ported to us. The reality is Sunderland is debt-free."

Lee Bradbury appointed Manager. Just keeping the seat warm no doubt until Donald parachutes in Roy Keane when he takes over again.

Back
Top Bottom