Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

4972067453564617257_23.jpg
Couldn't afford scalextrics.

On the back of recent shareholder activity has anyone actually asked the club for a formal update?
In the absence of any response to my question I’d suggest that if people are so desperate to know if there is anything we should know about whether the club is being taken over or not etc etc etc, that someone formally asks the club?
Im sure that if they can tell us anything , they will, if they can’t, they won’t.

In the absence of any response to my question I’d suggest that if people are so desperate to know if there is anything we should know about whether the club is being taken over or not etc etc etc, that someone formally asks the club?
Im sure that if they can tell us anything , they will, if they can’t, they won’t.

Wrong thread. ;)

Briefly had a BMW M5 3.5 litre straight six..................... that was like a Jumbo Jet taking off, not much happened between 0-40mph but once it got its legs going it was a magnificent drive. I gave it some toe one quiet evening on the M11 Southbound, my nerve went at around 140+mph because the world was passing by very,very quickly.
Downside is it cost nearly £80 to fill it up in the early 1990`s!

Mrs EYMk2 had a Golf R32 around 2006/7 , that was another brute of a car with a 3.2 litre lump in it, downside it was permanent Haldex 4wd so ate tyres and drank petrol!

We`ve both mellowed now and got clean licences again. :ROFLMAO:

Briefly had a BMW M5 3.5 litre straight six..................... that was like a Jumbo Jet taking off, not much happened between 0-40mph but once it got its legs going it was a magnificent drive. I gave it some toe one quiet evening on the M11 Southbound, my nerve went at around 140+mph because the world was passing by very,very quickly.

Mrs EYMk2 had a Golf R32 around 2006/7 , that was another brute of a car with a 3.2 litre lump in it, downside it was permanent Haldex 4wd so ate tyres and drank petrol!

Ah the R32! What a great car, had 5 different ones as company cars, we only kept them for 6 months hence the number I had. Didn’t care at all then about 18mpg (on a slower day!) as it was super quick, handled superbly and that noise! 😍

I had the Mk4 Golf R32, 2003. Short shifter, coilovers, porsche brakes, I miss it, fantastic fun! Sold it too soon as prices spiralled now.

Been lucky enough to own a BMW M2 2017, Merc C63 2014 with the 6.3 lump. As for older cars, my second car was an 86 MK2 Golf driver, slow but looked the nuts!

Currently ventured into JDM scene with a 96 MK4 Supra Twin Turbo and an 2003 EP3 Type R Civic.

I have to say the R32 probably sounded best of the bunch, helluva noise.

I had the Mk4 Golf R32, 2003. Short shifter, coilovers, porsche brakes, I miss it, fantastic fun! Sold it too soon as prices spiralled now.

Been lucky enough to own a BMW M2 2017, Merc C63 2014 with the 6.3 lump. As for older cars, my second car was an 86 MK2 Golf driver, slow but looked the nuts!

Currently ventured into JDM scene with a 96 MK4 Supra Twin Turbo and an 2003 EP3 Type R Civic.

I have to say the R32 probably sounded best of the bunch, helluva noise.
Loved that R32 sound! Used to open the window going through narrow streets or tunnels to get the full effect.
Have often considered whether to buy one as a second car for sentimental reasons but decided against thinking that everyone else would have caned theirs like I did mine!

Loved that R32 sound! Used to open the window going through narrow streets or tunnels to get the full effect.
Have often considered whether to buy one as a second car for sentimental reasons but decided against thinking that everyone else would have caned theirs like I did mine!
It's tempting 😁

I can't compete with you guys. 1st car Fiat X19, rusted out and the I blew the engine lol. Then got a MG Metro Turbo. Loved that car. The I got married had kids and my cars became boring and sensible. Did have a Subaru sports tourer for a while recently.

I can't compete with you guys. 1st car Fiat X19, rusted out and the I blew the engine lol. Then got a MG Metro Turbo. Loved that car. The I got married had kids and my cars became boring and sensible. Did have a Subaru sports tourer for a while recently.

Nothing overly "boring" about a Scooby!

Can`t believe a Fiat rusted out! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Learned to drive in an Austin Allegro. In my early twenties I had a Ford Capri, Fiat X19 and a Porsche 924 (metallic lime green). All pretty tasteless but good fun. Whole host of boring practical cars since. Now in late 50s, jealousy of Herbie Kane's hair and pottering about in a 10 year old Hyundai i10. Looking forward to hitting my mid-life crisis though 😉

So what is the best car for takeovering?
Manual or automatic ? Race mode ?

Wow. Looks like this thread has well and truly run out of steam! Perhaps we will get some news in our Christmas stockings 🎅🎄🎁

Got to be one of those Tesla things............ just switch on and toe down.

What about the McLaren or Ferrari hybrids? I remember a review of the McLaren (P1 I think) and it was rather rapid. The mileage on battery was a bit pants though.

Back
Top Bottom