Ex-Staff Karl Robinson

I hadn’t read the comments on here querying if Rooney had taken Karl Robinson with him to Birmingham, but weirdly I was at a party last night, and a former player told me that Karl Robinson has gone to Birmingham, and he was referring to our former manager, hence me looking on here to post this very comment, but may be the person I was talking to was mistaken too!

I have now also read the announcement on the Birmingham City website, and it does refer to Carl Ronbinson who supported Rooney at DC United, so I can now only presume that this person I spoke to may have mistaken the information he’s been told/read.

Last edited:
Are we going to keep paying him until he gets a new job? Incredible when I think he sould have been sacked for multiple reasons! Are managers practically unsackeable these days?

Are we going to keep paying him until he gets a new job? Incredible when I think he sould have been sacked for multiple reasons! Are managers practically unsackeable these days?
They are totally stackable as was proven.
The only issue is how much you pay them once you sack them. It appears that KR had a good deal, so had a good pay off over time when he was sacked

Probably until the end of his contract, or until he gets another managerial job.

Shouldn't it be like signing on though? He should have to demonstrate that he is actually looking for a job (as opposed to turning ones down that he wasn't offered in the first place) or he doesn't don't get paid and other earnings (such as gobbing off on TalkSport or whatever) will be deducted form the amount he gets? :)

Seriously though, it's pretty damning that despite there being quite a few available jobs at all levels since he got the boot from us he doesn't seem to have been a serious contender for any of them.

Shouldn't it be like signing on though? He should have to demonstrate that he is actually looking for a job (as opposed to turning ones down that he wasn't offered in the first place) or he doesn't don't get paid and other earnings (such as gobbing off on TalkSport or whatever) will be deducted form the amount he gets? :)

Seriously though, it's pretty damning that despite there being quite a few available jobs at all levels since he got the boot from us he doesn't seem to have been a serious contender for any of them.
Do we know if he actually applied? Doing bits of media waffle is a lot less hard work.

It’s no different to when a player is moved on before their contract is up, they will have some of or all of their contract paid up.
Wildschut will have had a pay off to leave this season.

Unfortunately I think we’ll be paying him off until the end of his contract. He won’t be in any hurry while he’s getting paid and his record is just one promotion, hardly stellar.

Maybe he doesn't need another manager job? If we gave him a contract that's worth £1m and we're obliged to pay it up then maybe he's not in desperate need of the money (especially if taking another manager job cuts his income from our payoff). If he can also top up with the odd Talksport/Sky gig then that's got to be more appealing than the stress of being a football league manager.

Probably until the end of his contract, or until he gets another managerial job.
OUFC owes him the full value of his contract regardless of his employment status - there is no “early termination” clause in the event that he gets another job before the club has finished paying him like most managers at this level have. Someone chose to leave that out, unfortunately.

OUFC owes him the full value of his contract regardless of his employment status - there is no “early termination” clause in the event that he gets another job before the club has finished paying him like most managers at this level have. Someone chose to leave that out, unfortunately.
Yep, Ryan’s right. Think the only leeway for the club is whether he’s shown as ‘no longer employed’ or ‘on gardening leave’ as there may be a saving to be made in terms of employer’s NI contributions if he’s no longer technically employed but still being paid.

Back
Top Bottom