Matches The League 1 Promotion Run In

That's a good point - I reckon that if he got us up and had a reasonably competitive budget he might keep us lower mid table, playing good stuff with the odd barnstorming win over West Brom or similar. Reliably grinding out results every week is less his forte.
Complete agreement

An outsider view of your season says you had the same issue we had last season...conceding too many goals.....we fixed that with signings in the close season (five new defenders) and having a more solid base has meant we a re reaping rewards from games we would have comfortably lost last season ( like at your place....)

I would be delirious with excitement if we signed five new defenders this summer!

Unfortunately, based on the last couple of seasons, five is the number of defenders that KR thinks we need in our squad in total.......so I will not be holding my breath.......

I would be delirious with excitement if we signed five new defenders this summer!

Unfortunately, based on the last couple of seasons, five is the number of defenders that KR thinks we need in our squad in total.......so I will not be holding my breath.......
Well we only signed five because we had none :) And I haven't counted the loanee from Huddersfield.....which judging by how often he plays neither does Shumacjher.

We are bare bones though, two of the five are done for the season....so we can't afford another one crocked pre play offs IF we get there.

Epic finish to an epic League One season on Saturday.
By my calculations, 11 out of the 24 teams have something to play for on the final day
(mathematically, it's actually 12......but Doncaster would have to beat us by 24-25 goals and then have other results go their way to stay up!)

Random statto aside (because this seems to be the appropriate thread for it).......it's possible Fleetwood could stay up this season with only 40 points. The last time anyone stayed up with that few points was 1980, when there were only two points for a win! On more than a dozen occasions since then, teams have been relegated with 50 or more.

Been an incredibly polarized league this year. Lots of good teams, and they've all beaten the teams at the bottom almost every time they've played.

Random statto aside (because this seems to be the appropriate thread for it).......it's possible Fleetwood could stay up this season with only 40 points. The last time anyone stayed up with that few points was 1980, when there were only two points for a win! On more than a dozen occasions since then, teams have been relegated with 50 or more.

Been an incredibly polarized league this year. Lots of good teams, and they've all beaten the teams at the bottom almost every time they've played.
Good stat and just shows how it's almost like two divisions in one this season.

Well my Yellow friends I just wanted to post a pre "end of the season" message. By 2.30 today we will know the identity of the final drop out from the most ridiculous end of season run in of all time...someone with eighty points isn't going to make the play offs....which is absurd.....almost as absurd as Jolteons insistence on 75 points as the play off target points in his original spreadsheet which started this unlikely correspondence .

Whatever the outcome this thread has proved that not all internet themes or conversations end in trolling. Lawks a mercy we have even had semi coherent engagement with a fan from WW :)

So with twists and turns still to come today ( and my only hope is that all of the seriously injured WW players that result in their game finishing ten minutes after the rest, coincidentally allowing them to know what they need to do, make a full recovery in time for next season) thanks for being a welcoming bunch and if we do scrape out and up I hope you follow us up next season.....or more likely pass us on the way back down.....

If, as is more statistically likely, we don't quite make it then I guess is is au revoir and not farewell.

Come on You Greens!

Well my Yellow friends I just wanted to post a pre "end of the season" message. By 2.30 today we will know the identity of the final drop out from the most ridiculous end of season run in of all time...someone with eighty points isn't going to make the play offs....which is absurd.....almost as absurd as Jolteons insistence on 75 points as the play off target points in his original spreadsheet which started this unlikely correspondence .

Whatever the outcome this thread has proved that not all internet themes or conversations end in trolling. Lawks a mercy we have even had semi coherent engagement with a fan from WW :)

So with twists and turns still to come today ( and my only hope is that all of the seriously injured WW players that result in their game finishing ten minutes after the rest, coincidentally allowing them to know what they need to do, make a full recovery in time for next season) thanks for being a welcoming bunch and if we do scrape out and up I hope you follow us up next season.....or more likely pass us on the way back down.....

If, as is more statistically likely, we don't quite make it then I guess is is au revoir and not farewell.

Come on You Greens!
Been a pleasure having you here, and I hope you guys are above the playoff line come 2:30. Plymouth are a proper football club that play the game the right way.

I may have been a bit off with the 75 point target, but I stand by my reasoning why 😅

Well in my best Arnie voice. I’ll be back.

Saved our worst home performance for the cameras Awful.

No, beaten by a much better side on the day. Twine different class....

Red card was silly and harsh but killed the chance of a comeback second half .....they played at half pace , kept the ball and then scored easily.

Cooper kept the score down...made three/four fine saves.

Injuries didn't help, but given WW doing what they doo we had to win and frankly even if we had scored early on which we should have I don't think we would have today.....

Have a great summer Yellows

When are the fixtures out?

Red card was silly and harsh but killed the chance of a comeback second half .....they played at half pace , kept the ball and then scored easily.

Injuries didn't help, but given WW doing what they doo we had to win and frankly even if we had scored early on which we should have I don't think we would have today.....

June 23

Fine margins Pafcprogs. It’s unbelievable that just 5 weeks ago you were 8 points clear of 7th spot, what a crazy and consistent league this year has been.

Stand by my prediction that WW win the playoffs this year. MK Dons are the best team in them though. See you all next season, we won’t be winning this!

Attachments

• 5099A97D-164A-4A2F-8A0D-EDB9EE4E8769.png
    5099A97D-164A-4A2F-8A0D-EDB9EE4E8769.png
    245.6 KB · Views: 11
Fine margins Pafcprogs. It’s unbelievable that just 5 weeks ago you were 8 points clear of 7th spot, what a crazy and consistent league this year has been.

Stand by my prediction that WW win the playoffs this year. MK Dons are the best team in them though. See you all next season, we won’t be winning this!
I kind of don't mind...froma. football perspective I think MK should win it but if WW do then we have a season off from their "brand of football"

Unless Ainsworth heads to QPR to replace Warberton....

I actually think the winner of your semi will go up

Back
Top Bottom