General The Ox - magazine....

I would like to buy it but mailing cost more than the mag itself.

Do we know how often this will be released? When you go to purchase online it states " The Ox – Quarterly Magazine Annual Subscription" which would suggest 4 times a year. If you subscribe for a year they say you'll save money, but currently its £16 for the subscription plus £8 in p&p (£24 total) compared to the £5 per issue (£20 in total for the year) if you buy from the club shop?

Ifollow Charlton preview show has more details - Quarterly magazine. £5 per copy, or a subscription for £16 for all 4 (before postage costs).
Exclusive content i.e. nothing in The Ox, will be in the programme/iFollow content and vice versa.

Edit: and now a piece on the website, copied below.

Issue 1, available right now, features:
  • Interviews with Karl Robinson and Matty Taylor
  • Elliott Moore on captaincy
  • Features on the Women's Team, the Academy, Sports Science and the Commercial and Community Teams
  • A fantastic catch up with fans favourite Yemi Odubade
  • A look at the work United are doing with Alan’s Africa
  • Historical features on Publications, captains and Opening Games
  • Interviews with all the new faces
  • A look ahead to the new season

I would like to buy it but mailing cost more than the mag itself.

Email & print at home? :)

As someone who adores books for the physicality of having a book in hand, I just can`t see a magazine having the required uptake but I guess someone far cleverer than I can?

Do we know how often this will be released? When you go to purchase online it states " The Ox – Quarterly Magazine Annual Subscription" which would suggest 4 times a year. If you subscribe for a year they say you'll save money, but currently its £16 for the subscription plus £8 in p&p (£24 total) compared to the £5 per issue (£20 in total for the year) if you buy from the club shop?
That's what the deal is. Here in Holland I can purchase the magazine for 16 poundsbut have to Payover 21 pounds for postage..
Iwould appriciate getting it as a PDF in an e-mail and then printing it myself (double sided). Much cheaper than Royal Mail.I think I'll e-mailChris Williams for his opinion on that method.

Cracking deal then if it ultimately ends up being more than what the "non deal" price is.

So not a programme?
Anything different to the EFL "club blurb"?
Anything different to the various social media channels?

Or just a way to grab a few more ££`s?

Sell it to me someone?

No. Probably you'll find that for those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like.

Now. Sit down in the floor in front of uncle Paul's mutli-function sitting device and I'll tell you about what the blank page means in Tristram Shandy immediately after Tristram's (that's right. He's not born then.) dad takes put his big key and winds the big clock at the top of the stairs. That's more our sort of thing, ennit?

Not if those mega-rich buggers on the Board don`t. :)

We need leaders selling the future not beggars after a fiver from us................

*you are right it wasn`t completely serious I can`t see us having enough to fill it.

Money is just numbers on a spreadsheet, so be a true fan and move some from yours to the club.*

* not sure if I need a wink smiley here or not, assume one if you are taking this post entirely seriously.

Interesting posts. @Essexyellows believes the wealthy board members should shoulder all or that vast majority of the burden of making the club (i.e. them) succesful and wealthy. You might think that he'd expect the wealthy board members of our country (non-doms Javed & Sunak, vulture capitalists like Mogg, Leason) to pay some taxes to help it stop becoming the rough sleeper capital of Europe.

Back
Top Bottom