The referee`s

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members

Essexyellows

Don`t think there has been an appalling one yet has there?
No ego`s, just doing the job very well.

Fair play to them.

Thought the one for the Wales Denmark game made more than a few 'odd' decisions, but overall theyve been decent

Didn't he pretty much save Eriksons life by stopping the game? I may have remembered that wrong.

No criticism of his actions there, just praise. I remember thinking he was overly picky on what was a foul etc compared to most other Refs in the competition who would just let the game flow/not consider similar a foul.

I agree. It’s also great VAR’s been toned down, which makes the referees (plural) look much more in control.

It's exactly the way they applied VAR in the World Cup as well - use it as little as possible, and only when the ref has missed something blatant. Go with his decisions if there's any doubt. If you're going to use it at all, this should be how it's done.

Why oh why the Premier League decided that they needed to instead use VAR as much as possible to get every decision perfect to the nearest millimeter, and the final letter of the law, I'll never know.......

p.s. I think there's two English refs there - Anthony Taylor and Michael Oliver.

It's exactly the way they applied VAR in the World Cup as well - use it as little as possible, and only when the ref has missed something blatant. Go with his decisions if there's any doubt. If you're going to use it at all, this should be how it's done.

Why oh why the Premier League decided that they needed to instead use VAR as much as possible to get every decision perfect to the nearest millimeter, and the final letter of the law, I'll never know.......

p.s. I think there's two English refs there - Anthony Taylor and Michael Oliver.
Yes spot on.
It really should be used for clear and obvious errors.
The problem is that if this was to happen, Sky would pour over every decision and ridicule the system if the decision is millimetres out.

This really gets to the nub of the situation. It should only be for the blatant mistakes. I’ve mentioned a few times before, I would much rather see VAR used at the captain’s discretion. Give them 2-3 appeals per match.

This really gets to the nub of the situation. It should only be for the blatant mistakes. I’ve mentioned a few times before, I would much rather see VAR used at the captain’s discretion. Give them 2-3 appeals per match.

The NFL model - they give the coach of each team two reviews ("Coach's Challenges")

If they (as in the coach) are correct both times and both decisions are overturned, then they get a third challenge. And that's it.

For all the plaudits thus far...Belgium vs Italy? Yeesh, not good.
Apparently it's Brych for the England game tonight so watch out for more dodginess.

For all the plaudits thus far...Belgium vs Italy? Yeesh, not good.
Apparently it's Brych for the England game tonight so watch out for more dodginess.
What's the opinion on Brych in Germany? Seems like he's reffed most games in the euros so far!

referee for tonight's semi-final is Dutchman Danny Makkelie

Back
Top Bottom