Current Player Tyler Goodrham out on loan

And I assume that during his time at H&Y, he is really putting himself in the shop window so that hopefully somebody from higher up in the pyramid will take him after Christmas.
I think you need to re read your post, to be a little more accurate with your replies. The player has gone to Kings Lynn, not h&y, by which I assume you mean Hays and Yeading. Everyone makes mistakes, no worries. I wouldnt have thought that was the purpose of him going there that you state, more so to give him game time, that he isnt currently getting, which is what these younger players need. But fair play each to his own opinion, this is a forum after all.

Last edited:
I think you need to re read your post, to be a little more accurate with your replies. The player has gone to Kings Lynn, not h&y, by which I assume you mean Hays and Yeading. Everyone makes mistakes, no worries. I wouldnt have thought that was the purpose of him going there that you state, more so to give him game time, that he isnt currently getting, which is what these younger players need. But fair play each to his own opinion, this is a forum after all.
It's Hayes not Hays

Er no.
Unification was talking about Goodrham going to Hayes and Yeading and you replied to that post.
It is a thread on Goodrham going to Hayes and Yeading?

Er no.
Unification was talking about Goodrham going to Hayes and Yeading and you replied to that post.
It is a thread on Goodrham going to Hayes and Yeading?
Why would you think though that he is being put in the shop window during the loan. These loans the younger players are going on is exactly the game time they need, and wont get this season, I believe, because of the size/quality of the current squad and due to the business kr will do over January.
In the old days the Football Combination league, which was in effect for second strings and younger players. With that opportunities for quality game time has vastly reduced, loans are the answer. The only down side is the level of teams the loanees are going to. But, as I said yesterday, I don't know how the system works. Do these players go to teams that match their current skill/experience level?

Why would you think though that he is being put in the shop window during the loan. These loans the younger players are going on is exactly the game time they need, and wont get this season, I believe, because of the size/quality of the current squad and due to the business kr will do over January.
In the old days the Football Combination league, which was in effect for second strings and younger players. With that opportunities for quality game time has vastly reduced, loans are the answer. The only down side is the level of teams the loanees are going to. But, as I said yesterday, I don't know how the system works. Do these players go to teams that match their current skill/experience level?

I'd imagine they were talking about being in the shop window to get a loan at a higher level at some point this season.

Considering you were talking about releasing Goodrham in the summer, it's probably best that you leave this thread for those who understands football!

The system is extremely simple. Send players out to see how they develop, if they do well then look to progress them up a level or 2. Tyler is building confidence and playing with some good players for the levels he is at. Keep this up and he'll be in a position to get a loan at nation conference level for after Christmas, and hopefully into the first team squad next season.

It's pretty simple - Goodrham is 17 and other than the odd appearance for us hasn't played in men's football. So when we put him available for loan those teams higher up the pyramid don't see him as a potentially valuable loan asset as he's unproven and could just be a wasted wage. We all know, and the club knows, that Tyler is a step above the level he's at currently - but he has to start there and prove he's good enough to go to a club a step or two higher first - which is exactly why the loan is only for a month initially rather than committing him to a full season. That's what the "putting in the shop window" comment was about. Not the shop window for sale, but the shop window for a club like Oxford City to see and go "we need him here". He's in a different spot to LCP and Elechi for example who've both had loans before and so are known quantities at conference north/south level.

Who has gone to Kings Lynn ???

Good goal for Tyler. Dorking look like a team full of goalies in that kit.

There's a great fan-falling-over-the-barrier moment right at the end when H&Y are celebrating.

One H&Y fans comment on him:

"He is great"

And they are already suggesting the club should be trying to extend the loan again.

One H&Y fans comment on him:

"He is great"

And they are already suggesting the club should be trying to extend the loan again.
It looks like its been a good move from him and them. As he's turned out in a competitive game for us is he allowed to move to another club (Conference South or North for instance) or jus extend with H&Y?

It looks like its been a good move from him and them. As he's turned out in a competitive game for us is he allowed to move to another club (Conference South or North for instance) or jus extend with H&Y?

Think so as youth loans* are treated differently I think.

*I'm assuming he is on a youth loan.

Keep him there until January, then give him a conference run out for the rest of the season, he seems to be turning a few heads, well done Tyler keep it up.

‘Ted Lasso’ is filmed at that particular cathedral of football. Many of us have also been there of course .

Well played young man, he’s got a lot of ability.

I have high hopes for Tyler. Fingers crossed he can improve while on loan and be a part of the future with OUFC.

Back
Top Bottom