Up and running

• Thread starter Deleted member 5165
  • Start date
Never mind, the supporters panel just tweeted encouraging fans to report (grass) other fans for "standing up". May I suggest a new name, the Oxford Not So United Supporters Panel?
On Twitter it has opened a can of worms having standing on a list of issues you can report people for.
The SLO is trying to justify it saying they have to enforce it otherwise the club might lose its safety certificate. I wonder how many times in the last 20 years the club have struggled to get a safety certificate due to fans constantly standing at the back of the east stand?

On Twitter it has opened a can of worms having standing on a list of issues you can report people for.
The SLO is trying to justify it saying they have to enforce it otherwise the club might lose its safety certificate. I wonder how many times in the last 20 years the club have struggled to get a safety certificate due to fans constantly standing at the back of the east stand?
The "safety certificate" line was used plenty of times when they wanted the ultras to reign it in. It's an absolute nonsense though, never happen scenario.

But it's true that the club have to be seen to follow FA regulations relevant to safety. This had been out for years, and will be replicated in one form or another at every ground in the country.

We all know from our own experiences that some clubs enforce things more than others, but I'd say that we've generally had very good stewards at most Oxford games who let the vast majority of things go. It's only the big games where we get extra stewards who haven't a clue, or it appears more recently in the North Stand - and this is being addressed.

Didn't sections of Old Trafford get closed for Champions League games because of "persistent standing" by Man U fans?

May I put myself forward as a candidate for the soon-to-be-created job of North Stand Naughties Manager? As an ex-teacher I feel ideally qualified to keep calm and order during the 90 minute lesson. I have experience in getting stander-uppers to sit, shouters to shut up, hand-wavers to calm down, attention-seekers to be ignored, persistent fidgeters to keep still and can, I’m sure, establish general peace and quiet in the offending area of the stadium.

May I put myself forward as a candidate for the soon-to-be-created job of North Stand Naughties Manager? As an ex-teacher I feel ideally qualified to keep calm and order during the 90 minute lesson. I have experience in getting stander-uppers to sit, shouters to shut up, hand-wavers to calm down, attention-seekers to be ignored, persistent fidgeters to keep still and can, I’m sure, establish general peace and quiet in the offending area of the stadium.
I'd say a) confiscate all mobile phones for the duration, b) no eating or drinking, and c) you can only go to the toilet at half time.

Perhaps the seats should be equipped with those over the shoulder restraints that are fitted to roller coasters....

In football terms what an own goal!
Is that fair?

People were complaining about the behaviour of stewards in the North stand and the Supporters Panel and SLO have just reissued a notice that has been out for years to remind people that they can report issues live. That information goes through to the control room who can then judge if action is needed.

Of the 7 strands, reporting people for standing is obviously extremely petty, but has to be included from a safety point of view even if the chances on anyone acting on it is slim to f**k all. The pyros, smoking and drinking has been obvious for years, and I'm not sure anyone who argue against anyone looking to prevent abuse, threatening behaviour, racism or homophobia?

So what is the issue?

Is that fair?

People were complaining about the behaviour of stewards in the North stand and the Supporters Panel and SLO have just reissued a notice that has been out for years to remind people that they can report issues live. That information goes through to the control room who can then judge if action is needed.

Of the 7 strands, reporting people for standing is obviously extremely petty, but has to be included from a safety point of view even if the chances on anyone acting on it is slim to f**k all. The pyros, smoking and drinking has been obvious for years, and I'm not sure anyone who argue against anyone looking to prevent abuse, threatening behaviour, racism or homophobia?

So what is the issue?

Nathan cooper announces most if not all the those pre kick off not sure off the notices are that noticeable. But agree player abuse, threatening behaviourRacism and homophobic won’t be tolerated by most if not all the other fans in the stadium apart from the idiot spouting it off.

Nathan cooper announces most if not all the those pre kick off not sure off the notices are that noticeable. But agree player abuse, threatening behaviourRacism and homophobic won’t be tolerated by most if not all the other fans in the stadium apart from the idiot spouting it off.
I'll wait for those accusing Nathan Cooper of being a grass then!

These notices were certainly up pre-covid so hardly new.

I'll wait for those accusing Nathan Cooper of being a grass then!

These notices were certainly up pre-covid so hardly new.
No they’re not and if people are to stupid to know what you can and can do or say at a football match then that’s their problem. Racism , homophobic and prejudice have been round for decades whether at football or in the street, and all the rules and laws that have been in place for sometime m surely you would think people are intelligent enough to understand. But I for one won’t be grassing

But it's true that the club have to be seen to follow FA regulations relevant to safety. This had been out for years, and will be replicated in one form or another at every ground in the country.

We all know from our own experiences that some clubs enforce things more than others, but I'd say that we've generally had very good stewards at most Oxford games who let the vast majority of things go. It's only the big games where we get extra stewards who haven't a clue, or it appears more recently in the North Stand - and this is being addressed.
So if this list has been around for ages then why is it only fans have pulled up the standing part of it.
As Bazzer has said, people know what is and isn’t acceptable at football. All those things on the poster are on the ground regulations which are also up around the ground. Why is it then that the club have gone out their to make their own poster of how you report things and included standing on it?

If you go into the east stand you will get people standing up, shouting, swearing and the odd chant slagging the other team off or even being really naughty and calling the ref a w****r. All things that are deemed acceptable in that stand. Do that in the family stand and people would take a dim few of it.
There are sections around the ground for everyone and what environment they want to have when watching the match.

To me it is just another thing that is creeping in to sanitise the experience of going to watch a football match.

Back
Top Bottom