We're on our way - Mackem song

Ha! Ha! This ALWAYS happens. Fan of another club joins our forum 'in peace', behaves reasonably, engages in decent banter, BUT .... then becomes a little too defensive of their club and starts bigging them up on our forum. Your probation period is up Sinner. You are now officially BORING. You'll probably hang around for a bit longer but, really, you are a BORE.

To be fair, is there really much else to do in Sunderland when the football’s not on? Got to entertain yourself somehow :p

is it just me or does anyone else see the emojis with the top of bottom shaved offo_O:whistle::poop:

Ha! Ha! This ALWAYS happens. Fan of another club joins our forum 'in peace', behaves reasonably, engages in decent banter, BUT .... then becomes a little too defensive of their club and starts bigging them up on our forum. Your probation period is up Sinner. You are now officially BORING. You'll probably hang around for a bit longer but, really, you are a BORE.
My word - I'm a bore? I've had a good craic on with some of your posters and was impressed. Was just having a laugh with this one, as had been on the red wine. Perfectly reasonable 'banter'. Clutching at straws more appropriate than 'bigging us up' but that completely lost on you. I suspect you are more boring than me. Shame some of you have gone all small time and parochial on me. The SMB forum has hundreds of posters from other clubs.

Probation period? Really? Only came on here because of my affection for Oxford.

I will now depart but good luck to the canny lads/lasses on here. Get in touch with BodminYellow if you fancy a pint at either of our games. I shall be at both as so boring got nothing better to do.

I feel sorry for them. If they don't go up at the first attempt, they will have to survive without a parachute payment. Two years ago it was Man City, this year Accrington Stanley. They will have a season where the "smaller" clubs will want to do one over the big eads.

ah well at least you'll get a chance to put 6 past the mighty Burton Albion at home like you did last year.....

Anyway all you Geordies are the same, biggest team in England blah blah blah and have won nothing for longer than I have been alive.

Is it true you have the highest density of Gregg's per capita in the universe?

Last edited:
How come this bellend even came on our forum in the first place? What a bizarre original post too? f*****g hell.

My word - I'm a bore? I've had a good craic on with some of your posters and was impressed. Was just having a laugh with this one, as had been on the red wine. Perfectly reasonable 'banter'. Clutching at straws more appropriate than 'bigging us up' but that completely lost on you. I suspect you are more boring than me. Shame some of you have gone all small time and parochial on me. The SMB forum has hundreds of posters from other clubs.

Probation period? Really? Only came on here because of my affection for Oxford.

I will now depart but good luck to the canny lads/lasses on here. Get in touch with BodminYellow if you fancy a pint at either of our games. I shall be at both as so boring got nothing better to do.

I like this one! Can we adopt him for the season? Much better than that Baggie or the PNE bloke who was banging on about Lego for everrrrrrrr.

Hopefully a few more unimpressive signings and a crushing defeat or two will hasten his departure![/QUO
ah well at least you'll get a chance to put 6 past the mighty Burton Albion at home like you did last year.....

Anyway all you Geordies are the same, biggest team in England blah blah blah and have won nothing for longer than I have been alive.

Is it true you have the highest density of Gregg's per capita in the universe?
I'm actually off to Greggs now to get some Stotties, I kid you not. I've noticed they don't sell Stotties in the Greggs elsewhere which is a pity coz they are lovely. I can also recommend Dickson's mince pies.

We do have a lot of Greggs as it is a North East company and far more successful than the football clubs. Not sure Sunderland are the big time Charlies (see what I did there) you make out but might be wrong. We are aware no one cares about us and the last team (along with Stoke) anyone wants to see on live telly, but we are proud of our support, especially the away following which has always been very good.

Oxford have good away support in my experience.

Two club w****r.
Whats the shite about "second team" ?

Maybe its CM in new guise, it has lurched from knowledgeable & OK to a grade A t**t in a flash.....

Two club w****r.

Maybe its CM in new guise, it has lurched from knowledgeable & OK to a grade A t**t in a flash.....
Getting a bit abusive there mate - tough behind a keyboard, eh?

Not sure why I'm explaining myself to someone like you but me and my mates down South used to watch each other teams. Personally been to 85 grounds with Sunderland so clearly only one team for me, but would always go and watch Brum, Liverpool and Oxford if asked and not a clash. My thing with Oxford is my mate still drags me to games after all these years, so I do kind of support them.

Not sure why this post, albeit a bit silly, gets such a reaction from some of you. You must be very cool . You will be horrified by the lack of couth and childish behaviour when Sunderland roll into town. Just hide behind your keyboards and leave the proper fans to have a pint and craic on.

Two club w****r.

Getting a bit abusive there mate - tough behind a keyboard, eh?

Not sure why I'm explaining myself to someone like you but me and my mates down South used to watch each other teams. Personally been to 85 grounds with Sunderland so clearly only one team for me, but would always go and watch Brum, Liverpool and Oxford if asked and not a clash. My thing with Oxford is my mate still drags me to games after all these years, so I do kind of support them.

Not sure why this post, albeit a bit silly, gets such a reaction from some of you. You must be very cool . You will be horrified by the lack of couth and childish behaviour when Sunderland roll into town. Just hide behind your keyboards and leave the proper fans to have a pint and craic on.

I personally don’t have a problem with you and can see you’re just trying to get a bit of a rise. However, your problem is that you’ve misjudged your audience.

I’m sure other forums are full of “banter” (sorry to use that word) and wind-up merchants from other clubs but it generally doesn’t go down well on here after a short period.

This message board is, although full of idiosyncrasies like all forums, generally a place where people like to debate issues rather than constantly take the P**s - particularly when it comes from fans of other clubs who are appearing disrespectful of our team and acting like a Billie Big B*****s.

As I say, it’s not something I personally get annoyed about, but you may want to consider your tone in future if you don’t want to encounter abuse.

Or alternatively, you might wish to carry on winding people up, in which you’ll probably find you’re banned after a relatively short period.

Good luck for the new season regardless.

I personally don’t have a problem with you and can see you’re just trying to get a bit of a rise. However, your problem is that you’ve misjudged your audience.

I’m sure other forums are full of “banter” (sorry to use that word) and wind-up merchants from other clubs but it generally doesn’t go down well on here after a short period.

This message board is, although full of idiosyncrasies like all forums, generally a place where people like to debate issues rather than constantly take the P**s - particularly when it comes from fans of other clubs who are appearing disrespectful of our team and acting like a Billie Big B*****s.

As I say, it’s not something I personally get annoyed about, but you may want to consider your tone in future if you don’t want to encounter abuse.

Or alternatively, you might wish to carry on winding people up, in which you’ll probably find you’re banned after a relatively short period.

Please ignore this wind-up merchant.

He's somebody's butler but he's really forgotten his place.

Cheer mate. Originally came on for information and got great response and I have misjudged the audience since then. I'm a bit old fashioned and can't stand the Jeremy Kyle era of social media abuse, like being nasty and calling people names (w****r & t*t in my case). There is no way they would talk to me like that if we were having a 'live' conversation and nor should they.
It is obviously acceptable to abuse from behind your laptop, and happens everywhere, but I don't like it.

Anyway, I am being a bit sensitive so no hard feelings and good luck for season - I genuinely mean that whether you care or not. It is good to talk to other fans and get their perspective.

Last edited:
Cheer mate. Originally came on for information and got great response and I have misjudged the audience since then. I'm a bit old fashioned and can't stand the Jeremy Kyle era of social media abuse, like being nasty and calling people names (w****r & t*t in my case). There is no way they would talk to me like that if we were having a 'live' conversation and nor should they.
It is obviously acceptable to abuse from behind your laptop, and happens everywhere, but I don't like it.

Anyway, I am being a bit sensitive so no hard feelings and good luck for season - I genuinely mean that whether you care or not. It is good to talk to other fans and get their perspective.
T*t

??

You must be bemused how much Mackems have featured this summer.

Oxford fans buy Mackems.
Mackem academy lads outstandng in World Cup.
Englun fans singing Sunlun song 'We're on our way - Paint your Wagon ' (started in 1990 play offs)

Are you sick of us?

I loathe that f*#king chant. But sounds infinitely better in that clip than with the irritating England Supporters band involved.

Almost as much of a depressing dirge as "don't take me home...." (although admittedly this one is worse at the crigget).

Back
Top Bottom