What have you been listening to lately?

Won't be to everyone's taste.

But I found this on sound cloud recently and I can't get enough of it. Its over 4 hours of the best trance tracks from 95 to 05 with some absolutely belters on there and tracks I never knew existed.

Listen to Dave Bicko Trance Classics (Decade Of Dance 1995 - 2005) by Dave Bicko on #SoundCloud

The new album by Black Country, New Road is phenomenal. Such a shame that they’re not going to tour it now and that the singer has had to leave.

Just ordered the vinyl from The Bracknell...

Why did he have to leave?

Suffering from bad anxiety so they announced in the week of the album release that he was leaving the group to get better. They were about to tour the UK and US so clearly he wasn’t in a state to get on stage - hope he gets better soon.

New HMHB album ('The Voltarol Years'!) on the way very very shortly and looking forward to the Wet Leg album in the not too distant future as well.

Going to a festival in Berlin in June and the playlist they have put up has some interesting bands that I'd never heard of before. Cleopatrick is one of them...very Royal Blood, Death From Above 1979 ish. A decent listen though their live performances don't look too inspiring.

Meant to mention a local(ish?) act I caught- by accident- a few weeks ago now

Moogieman and The Masochists

well worth a look n listen if something 'a bit' different floats your boat!

managed to find this from 2018 on you tube.....

Caught October Drift at The Jericho last night...

...and Tuesday saw The Blue Stones in Birmingham...

Blue Stones were supported by Andrew Cushin, who I thought was pretty decent...

Meant to mention a local(ish?) act I caught- by accident- a few weeks ago now

Moogieman and The Masochists

well worth a look n listen if something 'a bit' different floats your boat!

managed to find this from 2018 on you tube.....

Puts Cliff Richards and East 17 to shame:

Latest Nightshift: CLICK HERE.
Picked my print copy up from The Music Box earlier today
We're very lucky to have a local music paper of such quality.
I only wish I''d kept all my copies of Curfew and Nightshift, at least I can still remember some of the gigs, be a pretty awful experience to look back at all the pub venues we've lost
Just as bad is the loss of all the Clubs and Pubs where local individuals and duos would turn up and play a variety of various covers from old classics to the latest top 40

Back
Top Bottom