What have you been listening to lately?

Been listening to a lot of Sam Fender at the moment as seeing him in London at the weekend.

New Track from Metal band Bury Tomorrow - Death (even colder) is brilliant.

Also been listening to a country artists called Cody Jinks. Proper belting voice if you're into country music.

..... equally what I've been listening to and what I played all in one..... about 60minutes of uptempo rare soul n funk including a couple of previously unissued tracks ( Ozzy Sands - aka Edwin Starr and also Con -Funk -Shun), a few lesser-played classic big hitters and some of my current dancefloor destroyers, captured 'live' on Mixcloud, from Easter Saturday at Soul Shack, Chesterfield- (the fella who recorded/posted it up on Mixcloud managed to spell my last name wrong, haha) - here's the link....

Having now received it, the Wet Leg debut CD is very good. I can hear definite echoes of early Elastica, but it is not 'retro' in any way. Certainly worth a listen if your tastes run to indie guitar stuff.

Having now received it, the Wet Leg debut CD is very good. I can hear definite echoes of early Elastica, but it is not 'retro' in any way. Certainly worth a listen if your tastes run to indie guitar stuff.

One of those brilliant albums where every song sounds like a single.

View attachment 8659

Albeit the fella who recorded n posted it up on Mixcloud managed to spell my last name wrongly, seems Ive made it into the top 20 today haha

Every time I read about your soul music and DJ work I can’t help think of the time back in the 70’s on top of the pops and watching Footsee by Wigans chosen few and thinking wtf and in 77/8 there was inattemoting and eventually succeeding indoinf a bit of footsee and not just in the dance floor. 😊

I love those girls!! So witty and good tunes too.

Every time I read about your soul music and DJ work I can’t help think of the time back in the 70’s on top of the pops and watching Footsee by Wigans chosen few and thinking wtf and in 77/8 there was inattemoting and eventually succeeding indoinf a bit of footsee and not just in the dance floor. 😊
all that there is now of that is 1.53 sec grainy footage ....

I've been listening to the new Spiritualized album and went to see them at The Roundhouse last week.
Also I've somehow only just found out that you can copy from itunes on pc to iphone. So imported several of their earlier cds to listen to again.

Was it always possible to do this? I thought that you could only listen to music purchased through itunes on the iphone.

I've been listening to the new Spiritualized album and went to see them at The Roundhouse last week.
Also I've somehow only just found out that you can copy from itunes on pc to iphone. So imported several of their earlier cds to listen to again.

Was it always possible to do this? I thought that you could only listen to music purchased through itunes on the iphone.
Always been possible :)

Stone Foundation's 10th studio album- Outside Looking In

couple of collaborations with Weller, plus ( as per with Stone Foundation's albums) a few guest artists on various tracks too

I caught them at Birmingham Symphony Hall a couple of weeks back, always a unique and entertaining band live. Seen them 5 times now.

Previously unissued early 70s recording by Lovemasters- If you see Kate .... liberated from the vaults of Jacklyn records in Chicago , cut during the same sessions for the label as their released, ( on Jacklyn),rare soul gem pushing and pulling/ love train* ( * no, not the ojays 'hit'- a different tune altogether)

an early 70s mid paced, funky flavoured groove , limited ( 300 only) release via North Broad St based in the UK

311228008_3205453909767229_2180859694071261838_n.jpg311057515_1315239952554360_2876893401454684938_n.jpg

Volume 3 of Hot Sauce, Harlem Shuffle compilation album series just landed ( Due out on general release Nov 18th)- both Volume 1 and Volume 2 highly recommended btw

Those of a certain vintage should fondly (?) remember the Trojan records series of Tighten Up! compilations of the late 60s early 70s.... These Hot Sauce collections are very reminiscent of the spirit of The old Tighten Up! series

in the interim, probably only the 20 track Monkey Business compilation album of the late 80s - packed with 'classic' Trojan tunes came anywhere near to the Tighten Up! series- Until Harlen Shuffle launched their Hot Sauce series- ! compilation per year- a few years ago

Volume 3 features impossibly rare ( on original 45 releases from the 60s & early 70s) tracks lifted and licensed from the vaults of Trojan records ( & subsidiary labels)- A hand full of Rock Steady gems, some 'proper' boss sound ( skinhead reggae/ reggay scorcher), a few Heavy heavy monster sounds , and a pair of early dub 'versions' .... all on an old fashioned !2" , 180gram vinyl Long player

IMO - its' a bit good'

More info' on all Harlem Shuffle releases- including Hot Sauce series at the labels website ..... https://www.harlemshufflerecords.com/

View attachment 10457View attachment 10458

Volume 3 of Hot Sauce, Harlem Shuffle compilation album series just landed ( Due out on general release Nov 18th)- both Volume 1 and Volume 2 highly recommended btw

Those of a certain vintage should fondly (?) remember the Trojan records series of Tighten Up! compilations of the late 60s early 70s.... These Hot Sauce collections are very reminiscent of the spirit of The old Tighten Up! series

in the interim, probably only the 20 track Monkey Business compilation album of the late 80s - packed with 'classic' Trojan tunes came anywhere near to the Tighten Up! series- Until Harlen Shuffle launched their Hot Sauce series- ! compilation per year- a few years ago

Volume 3 features impossibly rare ( on original 45 releases from the 60s & early 70s) tracks lifted and licensed from the vaults of Trojan records ( & subsidiary labels)- A hand full of Rock Steady gems, some 'proper' boss sound ( skinhead reggae/ reggay scorcher), a few Heavy heavy monster sounds , and a pair of early dub 'versions' .... all on an old fashioned !2" , 180gram vinyl Long player

IMO - its' a bit good'

More info' on all Harlem Shuffle releases- including Hot Sauce series at the labels website ..... https://www.harlemshufflerecords.com/
Thanks, I may not be 'of a certain vintage', but I do love a bit of Rocksteady

View attachment 10457View attachment 10458

IMO - its' a bit good'

A decent bit of soul @Sarge

I get my kicks from the BBC iPlayer. But lately I can't find a single episode of The Archers 🤬

Back
Top Bottom