What have you been listening to lately?

Heard mcalmont & Butlers yes this morning and that’s been spinning in my head all day. Always thought suede were a crap Bowie tribute band but Bernard Butler was always seriously good.
Suede a crap Bowie tribute band? 😂 Erm, no (says me with all the Suede albums and probably the biggest Bowie collection in Oxfordshire...) Anderson is a big Bowie fan however. Dog Man Star (the second Suede album) I'd have in the top 3 90s albums with OK Computer (Radiohead) and Six (Mansun), but I digress...

Yes is a top track, the full version is superb.

Edit: I did see Suede support David Bowie at Lancashire Cricket Ground, Bowie was bloody amazing that night. Must have been around 2001 or so.

I can’t really comment further on suede didn’t like what I heard and didn’t delve any further. Here is the moment half the forum grab their pitchforks, but I don’t think Bowie is all that either…… however I’m with you on Radiohead………

Alice Boman and for some old school, Feeder.

Have you heard much of the new Feeder album? Seems a lot heavier than some of their recent output. Always liked Feeder, just an uncomplicated Indie Rock band who put on some bloody good live performances.

Got a few gigs lined up over the next month, Saturday is my first live music since before the pandemic so can't wait (Inhaler in Birmingham). Following that, K's down the Bully...

Have you heard much of the new Feeder album? Seems a lot heavier than some of their recent output. Always liked Feeder, just an uncomplicated Indie Rock band who put on some bloody good live performances.
I have seen them a few times. Great live.
They are playing the O2 in Oxford next year again.

I have seen them a few times. Great live.
They are playing the O2 in Oxford next year again.
Yeah it's on my list - so many bands getting out there over the next 6-12 months though going to have to make some decisions on who to see. They were down the Cowley Road 2018 think it was touring the last album, great gig.

No I haven't but will have a gander in the next few days. 👍

I am going to get castigated for this, but I love the new BTS/Coldplay tune "My Universe"

Must have played it 30 times on Spotify already.

'Four Against Fate', the latest CD by The Nightingales. Wonderful stuff.
Did you see the recent King Rocker documentary? I thought it was very good and an insight into a band who've been going a long time but never really troubled the charts.

Did you see the recent King Rocker documentary? I thought it was very good and an insight into a band who've been going a long time but never really troubled the charts.
No, I haven't seen it yet. Am looking forward to doing so though - I think it was shown on Sky Arts (?) which I do seem to have somehow on my FreeSat box, but I missed it. Hopefully it will be out on DVD or shown again somewhere soon.

I have a ticket for a live show in early November :)

I am going to get castigated for this, but I love the new BTS/Coldplay tune "My Universe"

Must have played it 30 times on Spotify already.
It’s actually a decent song one of my favourite bands to see live Coldplay

Some of my more recent purchases:-
Tropical **** Storm
Amyl And The Sniffers

Good a place as any to drop this fairly new upload of what rates as one of my top 5 live gigs, only downside was going with the former MrsEYMk1. :ROFLMAO:

Good a place as any to drop this fairly new upload of what rates as one of my top 5 live gigs, only downside was going with the former MrsEYMk1. :ROFLMAO:

Nearly 4 years since Dolores O'Riordan passed away now, what a voice.

Back
Top Bottom