Where to sit?

I can have n occasions take last Tuesday thought there was a blatant penalty in the 2nd half and a long with others when the ref waved play on I did sear “ f*****g hell ref “ and that was the only time but I certainly want alone.
That's fine, people expect that at football and for a lot of people it's part of the fun even if they don't do it themselves. It's possible to be loud and sweary without coming over as unpleasant and a bit threatening, if you see what I mean.

But a gentleman shouldn't act in a way that they then later need to apologise for, and then repeat this.

I'm in no way trying to sanitise football, far from it, but if you are unable to moderate your behaviour around children then you may need to take a look at yourself.

Point 1. Well somebody is. The programme notes positively encourage people to report others by text. No other evidence is required!

Point 2. Walk past any school at chucking out time, you`ll learn some new words!

There is a fine line between a verbal expression of frustration/elation and abuse.

"Ohh for f*** sake ref" - acceptable in my view.

"F*** me I could have scored that" - acceptable in my view.

"You black c*** Number 9" - both illegal and unacceptable.

The greatest football chant ever was the spontaneous "Just like your fingers, that's six in a row" after Chris Maguire charged down Vigeroux's clearance - I think the whole ground joined in and I'm pretty sure Jerome was singing it too!

Back
Top Bottom