General Yesteryear

ON THIS DAY

Sunday April 20th 1986 - Wembley Stadium.

Bu2_TNtIYAER7BW

Happy Milk Cup Final day kids xxxx

What.A.Day.

"Limbs" had nothing on it.................... :love::love::love::love::love:

I was too. What a great day out. Three QPR supporters I met at Chelmsford station they would win 3-0. I think they meant us

For me, the highlight was the second goal, just a fantastic move.

"Hebberd's making the run.... Beautiful piece of running by Trevor Hebberd.... He's got Aldridge waiting in the middle, he's got.... HOUGHTON!!!!!!!"

😍

ON THIS DAY

May 11th 1985 - United are crowned second division Champions after beating Barnsley 4-0.

Dx7tC1cW0AMEBq-
One of the very few games I watched from the Cuckoo Lane when they split it to let in some home fans.

A fab day that was utterly destroyed by getting home and finding out about the Bradford City fire which was the same day.

One of the very few games I watched from the Cuckoo Lane when they split it to let in some home fans.

A fab day that was utterly destroyed by getting home and finding out about the Bradford City fire which was the same day.
one of the worst disasters to take place at a football match anywhere, claiming the lives of 56 .... and injuring at least 256 others

John Aldridge with the second goal as the U’s went 4-0 up at the break versus Barnsley on the final day in 1984-85.

EnlA9DCXMAICfGD

John Aldridge with the second goal as the U’s went 4-0 up at the break versus Barnsley on the final day in 1984-85.

EnlA9DCXMAICfGD

CAU-lxKWYAAp4Qr
Probably my all time favourite OUFC kit that 😍 Can anyone remember the reason why we changed our kit to dark navy shorts and socks the following season?

Last edited:
ON THIS DAY

July 1st 2017

Darryl Eales appoints Josep Clotet Ruiz, 40 , on this day five years ago, as the club’s new manager after Michael Appleton left the U’s on June 20th.
Clotet’s disastrous reign was to last just 205 days with his contract being terminated on January 22th 2018.

DEDttUgXoAAdegg

ON THIS DAY

July 1st 2017

Darryl Eales appoints Josep Clotet Ruiz, 40 , on this day five years ago, as the club’s new manager after Michael Appleton left the U’s on June 20th.
Clotet’s disastrous reign was to last just 205 days as his contract was terminated on January 22th 2018.

DEDttUgXoAAdegg
Why would you just go and trigger my PTSD like that.

Back
Top Bottom