Away Match Day Thread 01/01/24: L1 - Charlton Athletic v OUFC

Who was the MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love a screamer! That was a deserved win, we were the better side. Charlton fans must be the only set of fans more pessimistic than us! Doesn't look good for Appleton who's a busted flush as a manager now.

Whilst it's frustrating and not good for morale winning one, losing one, winning one, losing one etc is better than drawing a couple.

Good man yourself Oisin
So pleased we didn’t go down the substitutions for substitutions sake again.
A lot better, and nearly finished with my starting x11

Superb lads, well done and well done to Des getting a coherent team out of what we've got available. He's not done everything right since he's been here but you'd have to be pretty short sighted to see he's not had a hand behind his back since he started.

Get him some bloody staff pronto as well as some new signings and we'll be a factor this season still.

Great performance and result. Fair play to Buckingham and every single player.

Christmas / New Year: could have ended up with 4 draws and 4 points. We got 6 with a threadbare squad.

Smyth's goal: shades of Matty's beauty in 1996 that kick started the promotion push.

Buckingham: please give the man one transfer at least before bashing him.

Am I right that that the salmon trousered, chinless dickhead Charlie Methven is still in charge at Charlton? Makes it even better if he is.

Quite like Charlton so hope he loses interest and fucks off to ruin another club soon.
Has he put a bet on Charlton to get relegated?

We desperately needed that win, after the implosion against Derby.

I’m still not sold on Des, but today we came up against a very poor Charlton side, that are low on confidence. So a win was a must, we get a free hit at Coventry, before we go on that long away trip to Carlisle, and to be honest, another game we should be looking to win.

Now let’s get some staff in, and some bloody good signings, and maybe just maybe we can maintain a top six spot.

Didn’t expect that, very happy. I actually preferred Oisin smyth in a back 3 to thorniley. Smyth has the ability to ping an unbelievable pass (and shot it seems) and is physically big. He made a couple of small errors but must be by far his best performance for us. He was also up against one of the top 3 wingers, lightening quick, and managed him very well after a tough first 15.

Considering all the injuries and disappointing last game that is a fantastic result.

Well, two absolutely fabulous goals for a fabulous win. Smyth's thunderbolt was brilliant, but the move that led to Sparky's goal and the poacher's instinct that he showed to score it, was also wonderful. That's well and truly put Friday's disappointment behind us!! HAPPY NEW YEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom