Away Match Day Thread +++ 01/12/2018 Plymouth Argyle vs OUFC FA Cup R2 +++

Just got home. Fantastic result, and fantastic support. Totally out supporting the home team in every respect. Again there was that 25 mins or so of outstanding play that puts us ahead of teams. When we get the trilogy fit, Baptiste, Carruthers and McMahon, and hopefully 2/3 quality players in January, it’s then we can move to the next level

When we get the trilogy fit, Baptiste, Carruthers and McMahon, and hopefully 2/3 quality players in January, it’s then we can move to the next level

Out of sheer interest, I wonder where forum members see these three fitting in the pecking order when fit (and Holmes too)?

IMHO Baptiste is precocious and gives us something unique, so would be an occasional starter or first sub on. Carruthers is now back in pack with it all to do to prove himself a starter. I didn’t see McMahon’s much-vaunted set-piece delivery really, and wasn’t blown away with his defence. He’ll probably walk back into the team without particularly deserving to.

Agree with 2 to 3 additions, this team could go to the next level a la Barnsley of 3 years back.

Unfortunately I can’t get too excited about the January transfer window if we’re unwilling/unable to pay our tax bill. If that’s the case, there’ll definitely be more players exiting than coming in, especially if there’s an administrator pulling the strings by then.

Don’t want an away game where we get hammered. Nice home game to build on our success. I think Adams has lost the plot with his analysis, Plymouth supporters must be increasingly restless at their inability to shown signs of turning their fortunes around

If like Plymouth as a club, always well supported by decent fans.
I do feel that Adams though has lost his way.

Out of sheer interest, I wonder where forum members see these three fitting in the pecking order when fit (and Holmes too)?

IMHO Baptiste is precocious and gives us something unique, so would be an occasional starter or first sub on. Carruthers is now back in pack with it all to do to prove himself a starter. I didn’t see McMahon’s much-vaunted set-piece delivery really, and wasn’t blown away with his defence. He’ll probably walk back into the team without particularly deserving to.

Agree with 2 to 3 additions, this team could go to the next level a la Barnsley of 3 years back.
A returning Baptiste will give Robinson the right kind of selection problems, I just hope he doesn't re-kindle his problem with Henry, who is a sound mainstay of the team.
Carruthers is a walking sick note, probably just happy to be trousering a wage. Will he ever play 3 consecutive games? Doubt it, and he'll never get enough games in to be up to speed. Get rid.
McMahon is a journeyman whose journey might last a bit longer, but in the National League North.

A returning Baptiste will give Robinson the right kind of selection problems, I just hope he doesn't re-kindle his problem with Henry, who is a sound mainstay of the team.
Carruthers is a walking sick note, probably just happy to be trousering a wage. Will he ever play 3 consecutive games? Doubt it, and he'll never get enough games in to be up to speed. Get rid.
McMahon is a journeyman whose journey might last a bit longer, but in the National League North.

Slightly odd comment re: McMahon. Would say he’s a solid lower half L1 fullback with good set piece and crossing ability. Not a longer term solution (unfortunately given his contract status) but decent enough. Sixth tier seems harsh.

We conceded what one goal in 6 with McMahon playing and he made a few chances through set balls and crosses.
To suggest that he should play in National League North is very unfair.

Journeyman who has wasted the majority of his career playing in the Premiership and Championship.

Back
Top Bottom