Away Match Day Thread 02/03/2024 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Des tries to say yet again that everything is fine with Burey, no issues, it’s just a numbers/horses for courses thing well then sorry but he’s as big a liar as Karl ever turned out to be.

Yes, there is obviously more to the Burey absence than we have been told. If Goodwin is fit and was the answer to our striker problems, why on earth isn't he starting (either with or in place of Harris)?

Looks a pretty strong starting line up. Hopefully this is the day we start to turn things around 🀞

If Des tries to say yet again that everything is fine with Burey, no issues, it’s just a numbers/horses for courses thing well then sorry but he’s as big a liar as Karl ever turned out to be.
Yes because the right approach is to hammer someone in public rather than deal with it internally.

We don't have a god given right to know everything about 'our' club. The entitlement of the press and fans seems to know no bounds.

1 win in 9.
7 wins in 23 under des.

I kind of begrudgingly put my Oxford top on this morning. Sorry to be a downer. I was hugely positive about the appointment of des, and believe in giving managers time, but by any stretch of the imagination it’s been a massive disappointment and big missed opportunity. I’m starting to face up to it.

I’m posting this in the hope of massive egg on face in a few hours time

Yes because the right approach is to hammer someone in public rather than deal with it internally.

We don't have a god given right to know everything about 'our' club. The entitlement of the press and fans seems to know no bounds.
I think there’s a massive area to land in somewhere inbetween β€˜hammering’ someone in public and saying β€˜Oh no, everything is fine, it’s just a numbers thing!’

We’re not stupid. Just say something like β€˜It’s an internal issue, we’re dealing with it in house’ and leave it at that. But hotly insisting that everything is fine and it’s just that you don’t want a single winger on the bench against Portsmouth isn’t a good look.

Obviously they don’t have to say anything about anything if they don’t want, it’s possibly very β€˜entitled’ to expect anything at all apart from a team turning out to fulfil every fixture, but most clubs seem to do a little better than that…

I'm so sick of the managing injuries mantra. It's so debilitating for the team.

I think Bodin out of squad and bring Burey, he can’t do worse than some of the stuff we’ve seen

Well, I’d argue that’s our strongest XI even when all fit. Toss of a coin on Harris or Goodwin, I’d have probably gone for Goodwin today since were likely to be pinned in most of the time. Can’t complain about what’s available.

No excuses today.
400k and not starting that’s a lot of money being spent but not being used from the start

We need answers we went for Burey on the summer and he chose to go elsewhere they loan him 6 months later. We’ve seen glimpses of him but then no more and no injuries reported so is this another waste of money? So yes as supporters paying money to the club for the privilege of watching them yes we semhouldnhave an idea what’s wrong whether it’s injury if he’s unfit or he has issue but something otherwise what anothe sun of money wasted.

[font color="f8f10c"][font size="7"]COME ON YOU YELLOWS[/font][/font]

Back
Top Bottom