Away Match Build Up 06/01/2024: FAC R3 Cov City vs OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokeu

Spurs, Arsenal , Villa or Salford United away please.

Bus from outside the local to Nuneaton, train Nuneaton to Cov.

They aren`t breaking into my car. :ROFLMAO:

I wonder how many Oxford fans will get to the CBS Arena by train.

Given all the talk about our new stadium and given how easy it is to get to Cov by train, this would be a great opportunity to give it a go.

The only downside is that you have to change at Coventry station to get on a small train on a local branch line that has an infrequent service. Being on the mainline at Oxford Parkway will be much better.

The only downside is that you have to change at Coventry station to get on a small train on a local branch line that has an infrequent service. Being on the mainline at Oxford Parkway will be much better.

I know I’ve never experienced a problem, but agree that it did feel like a small line/service into the ground.

Huge amount of parking available at the CBS too, which would not be that case at our new ground, so I guess that is tempting.

Last edited:
Coventry City v Oxford United

Referee: Josh Smith
Assistant referees: Matthew Jones & Carl Fitch-Jackson
Fourth official: Peter Wright

Yep. Expect a two carriage train. It'll be packed.

Hi all - Train is not a good idea, as it is once an hour - I think goes around 5 to the hour from the Ground, so depends on stoppage time, you may have a good wait - plenty of buses and taxes and wont be a big crowd - probably 10-12k
We have picked up significantly lately as our new signings have bedded in, but I assume we will make wholesale changes for the cup tie to give some a rest, and a game to some who have not featured lately (and maybe a goodbye to some of our older players)
We typically dont do well in this competition under Mark Robins, as he uses it to rest some of his overused players, so depending on how up for it you are - a win for Oxford would not be a massive surprise, -
Enjoy the day and the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom