Away Match Day Thread 12/03/2022 L1: Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers crossed Rotherham will be up when we go ther for they’re last home game. They’ll be partying we can go sneak the points

They’ve started to have a mini wobble. Three points from their last 12 and, whilst they’re on 77 and probably still in a decent position to go up automatically, they could well be reeled in by Wigan.

They may not be completely there by the time we play them. Neither could we if we don’t get some players back.

Im not normally superstitious but against Charlton at the valley I changed from wearing blue boxers to yellow and every game since apart from the Pompey game I've worn the yellow boxers and we've won also today before I put radio Oxford on to listen to the game on the other radio station the last song I heard was Neil diamond sweet Caroline

Thought we were awful for large periods of that but good teams find a way to win.

We really need to sort this injury crisis out.

Thought we were awful for large periods of that but good teams find a way to win.

We really need to sort this injury crisis out.
Not sure there is much we can do about the long term injuries. Hopefully Brown, Long and Stevens will be recovered by Saturday.

Fortunate win. But some great individual performances ie Mous, Kane, McNally. And Bran was never going to miss his pen.

Shrewsbury were respectable in the second half once they sussed out how weak we were down the left. They missed an absolute sitter and we couldn’t really have complained if we’d lost.

Still there was a lot to like re our stickability today considering the defence decimation.

Liked Shrews ground; plenty of leg room. Staying overnight here; it’s a charming place and the pints should hopefully flow. COYY.

I think many of us on here have an incorrect view of Mous. He is still a capable defender. Maybe because he’s 35 now and evidently can’t be playing week in, week out we think he’s not up to it. He still is and can step in when required.

We have to keep winning just to keep still which is a pain. The sides we needed to do is favours didn’t. We have some huge games coming up.
I've always been a big fan of Mous, and never doubted his ability, but his age, and knee problems were my biggest concerns.

Today, he proved he's still up to the job

Was tough second half playing into the wind. Texted a mate to say we'll be lucky to hold onto a point here. Two minutes later we won the pen. Shows what I know. Thought the one on Taylor in the first half looked like it could have been given, but no replay and we know Taylor will go to ground easily if given the opportunity.

Need wins like that if you're going to be pushing at the right end of the table. One almost to forget about and move on from just grateful for the points and hoping no-one picked up any knocks.

Special mention for Simon Eastwood with all the crap some have given on social media. The boy did well with a worldie save.
I agree, he's done well whenever he's been called upon, and deserves to keep his place in the side now.

That's why we have competition for places, Easty struggled last season, and was rightly replaced, and Stevens performed brilliantly to become the no1, but for me, when called upon this season, Easty has performed the better of the two, so for me, he deserves to regain the no1 spot, and it's up to Jack to win it back.

A good problem for Robbo to have though..

Our run is, awful?
I don't think so

Ipswich
Morecambe
Plymouth
Sunderland
Fleetwood
Mk
Rotherham
Doncaster.

Plymouth
Rotherham
Mk... May be troublesome.... But the others,, We are quite capable

Also, a point against the playoff chasing teams, although not welcome, is hardly a disaster. It’s the other games…

Good day out although, post game, there was some naughtiness which caused the local plod to intervene. It's unfortunate that some members of our support can't take their beer and haven't, apparently, yet learnt that arguing with Mr. Plod is a no win situation.

Good day out although, post game, there was some naughtiness which caused the local plod to intervene. It's unfortunate that some members of our support can't take their beer and haven't, apparently, yet learnt that arguing with Mr. Plod is a no win situation.
Was it our lot that started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom