Away Match Day Thread 12/03/24 - L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I bloody hope the Lincoln home game next Saturday is postponed due to international call ups. They've scored 11 in the last 2 games and would probably score another 6 against us under Des!
Can't see any of our players getting an international call up after tonight.

Blimmin ell. I turned off at half time as Mrs wanted to watch her programme. Just had a gander at the score and glad I did turn off. I was expecting maybe a 3 goal deficit but this is just embarrassing!

It's one match against a very good side.. Were you calling for Appleton's head after the Cambridge defeat?
Yes?

I wasn’t a fan of the Orient, Northampton, Barnsley, Reading or Derby games either.

Bolton were 14th in the form table. They aren’t Man City.

i truly feel for Cambran. He has pulled us through so many games this season and is the hardest worker on the pitch. You can see his frustration with the rest of the team clear as day and literally shouted β€œyou have to work” to the defence earlier in the game. You have to respect his grit and I wouldn’t be surprised to lose him come summer. Sorry but this is gross to watch. Des has got to go, it’s not working out.
He's off to Pompey for next season.

I’ll say it for a 3rd time now. This is going to cost the owners a lot of money in compensation.
If willing to give a manager a chance is a bad thing in your eyes then fair enough. He was too slow on putting his stamp on the side which part of me understood but still felt it was the wrong thing.
This though is a performance and scoreline that gets a manager the sack and no one can complain.
Problem is a large majority of Oxford fans on here and the other socials want Des sacked

I think that's that ,we have definitely seen that the players do not believe anything Des is telling them .We have seen it for a while, quite a while but you can't get rid of every player so it might be a while but something ad got to change ,I think we will have an answer in the morning. We really have become a terrible team.

We aren’t going up and we aren’t going down and it gives the club a bit of breathing space so they don’t rush any appointment.
Problem is though that if a new manager came in now and got this team playing then we could still get the playoffs, as it is now we are getting nothing.

Sorry for being right all along about Des. But nobody listened and it’s too late now. From second in the league into midtable obscurity and season over already. Truly a DESaster and how he ever got appointed will remain one of life’s mysteries.

I was at the game against Cheltenham - a struggle to beat a terrible team but many of the DESciples on here got a bit excited.

Problem is though that if a new manager came in now and got this team playing then we could still get the playoffs, as it is now we are getting nothing.
Think the play offs will be a distant memory after a couple more games sadly

Back
Top Bottom