Home Match Day Thread 13/04/2024: L1: OUFC v Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It shows what an incredible team performance that was when Josh Murphy puts in an absolute attacking masterclass, wins a penalty pretty much solo, scores a goal and gets an assist, runs their defence ragged and put it on a plate for Dale (yes, on a plate) and generally looks like the best winger in the league and yet still only gets 63% of the votes for MOTM! (Although I can’t see how anyone could be described as playing ‘better’ than he did!)

It shows what an incredible team performance that was when Josh Murphy puts in an absolute attacking masterclass, wins a penalty pretty much solo, scores a goal and gets an assist, runs their defence ragged and put it on a plate for Dale (yes, on a plate) and generally looks like the best winger in the league and yet still only gets 63% of the votes for MOTM! (Although I can’t see how anyone could be described as playing ‘better’ than he did!)

Despite me just voting for him, he's now lower than 63%.

I think people are just trying to show how clever they are. It's not working.

Long was sublime and Josh McEachran ran the midfield. Both had pretty much their best performances in a yellow shirt. Honestly thought those two were on par with Murphy who was brilliant. A number of others were not far behind. Dale did miss those sitters but his work rate was unbelievable

Credit to Ferguson this afternoon, got it wrong playing the same team 3 games in less than a week. One a cup final at Wembley.
It may have been us, but realised the game had gone. And no point continuing in flogging the players,
slim chance of automatics , so realistically rest your better players for the play offs.

Last edited:
Sensational! What a great day and the most I’ve enjoyed an Oxford match in a few seasons - we were brilliant. My lad was reading the team to me in the car and he said ‘what do you think?’ - I said ‘I think I’m going right round this roundabout and heading back home’!! ….. Could not have been more wrong!

I really feared the worst but we delivered - to a man. Des got everything spot on and the players were near faultless. It was so refreshing to see us boss a top L1 team, nit something we’ve done regularly under a succession of managers. The confidence we gain from this sort of performance will be vital in the play offs, we’ll fear no one.

Can’t wait for Tuesday!

Most enjoyable!

We hit the post twice, missed 2 or 3 other seriously good chances. Peterborough hit the bar before we scored.

9-2 would have been a fair result, but I’ll take 5-0!

Murphy really was unplayable at times, their number 5 had a horrible first 45 minutes.

McEachran was excellent, his best performance in an Oxford shirt I’d say.

Peterborough had two very dangerous wide players, Stevens stuck to his task very well and Sam Long had a very solid game.

Mark Harris never stops running.

Both Rodrigues’ header and Bodin’s goal were high quality finishes.

Great to get a clean sheet which was well deserved, the defence looked very determined to achieve that.

After all his injury woes and log layoff it was a shame Browne couldn’t find the net when one on one with the goalkeeper.

Probably not Greg Leigh’s best game, he struggled a bit, especially in the second half up against Peterborough’s very good right winger, but still found time to smash the ball against the post.

Well done Des, really enjoying your style of football.

Interesting possession stat from the BBC , Oxford 30%, Peterborough 70%.

We'd need one more point, or Blackpool to fail to win one of their last two
With the way we are playing perhaps Blackpool to beat Barnsley we win our games we could end up 5th meaning a potential semi final against …. Oh yes Peterborough lol

Wow what a performance that was we made a strong Peterborough team look s**t we were all over them from minute one to the last kick of the game.

I dunno what has happened in the camp since that Bolton s**t show but wow what a turn around.

Every player deserves man of the match today they were all amazing

I didn't give us a chance today I said to my boys if we score 4 we will win the play offs but really I thought Peterborough would win so what do I know 🤣🤣

I mean, Peterborough have been poor (lots of errors at the back and by their keeper etc) - how much of that is due to our absolute brilliance though, and how much is due to tiredness etc from them, who knows!
Its the Des formation they cant cope with.

A few on here were suggesting that we wouldn't be able to cope either Poku or Mason-Clark.
Somebody said to me before the game that Peterborough may well be concerned about our wingers! He was spot on. Dale reminds me of an Alex McDonald other Stuart Massey- non stop running and must drive defenders mad. Then of course Josh Murphy - the best player in L1 in the past month or two?

Back
Top Bottom