Tickets 1350 Peterborough Away Ticket Allocation

I’ve only been to a couple of away games this season and 1 home game but I had the chance to get a ticket for the away leg due to being a season ticket and have done for over 10 years even though I have lived 100’s of miles from Oxford in all those years.
The reason I continue to get a season ticket is 1, to support the club and 2, for occasions like this.

Don't think that anyone's arguing that season ticket holders shouldn't get first dibs.

The argument is just about whether, on the very rare occasions such as this where there are more season ticket holders wanting tickets than there is supply, is it fairer to a) leave it up to chance which season ticket holders get them, as seems to have been the case today or b) have a points system where season ticket holders who also go to the most away games get priority.

Something for the club to ponder over the summer........

?? This is to get a bigger better ground for all supporters.
It isn't one way at all. It is for supporters
I know what it’s for FFS, just saying when the club have put out communications in the past about drumming up support e.g. bring a friend etc, then ultimately it back fires on situations like this. At least the club could have done something to show their appreciation for fans that have been there for years/attended higher number of away games etc. No one could argue at that or say it’s unfair.

For example, for Paul B not to get a ticket in my mind is outrageous.

Put it this way, it’ll deter me from trying to get others to come to the ground in the future if there’s no respect for people who go out of their way to try and improve the fanbase etc.

Last edited:
ok but how do you set that up at this late stage of the season? The club won't have full records of how many away games season ticket holders have gone to - people don't need to buy in advance for most away games and can often pay on the day.
“Most” will buy before.
There is a full buying history on everyone’s account.

My understanding of ticketmaster from buying tickets for other things in the past is that when there are lots of people on at the same time, it should operate a queue system, so when you click the link it tells you your place in the queue.

What we got instead is that some people appear to have been randomly sent by the website into an endless loop of refreshing and being told "there are no tickets that meet your criteria", which is clearly rubbish as no criteria had been set.

A virtual queue is fair, relying on system bugs to scupper some people on pot luck is not fair.

Obviously not a priority with a big game Saturday, but the club and TicketMaster need to explain what happened and make sure it never happens like this again!

Whole system is a joke loyal fans like me who have been to every away game this season miss out because.Due to some who has been to one or two decided to go

I’ve only been to a couple of away games this season and 1 home game but I had the chance to get a ticket for the away leg due to being a season ticket and have done for over 10 years even though I have lived 100’s of miles from Oxford in all those years.
The reason I continue to get a season ticket is 1, to support the club and 2, for occasions like this.
Steve, that’s very noble of you to purchase a ST for 10 years even though you’re not able to attend, so in my eyes even though you don’t go to the games you’re still entitled to get a ticket etc. I would also add if you’d been to away games too you’d have further entitlement.

So I think a combination of how long a person has been ST holder (maybe capped)/how many away games a fan attends (again over a period of time) should give them more entitlement/priority.

My understanding of ticketmaster from buying tickets for other things in the past is that when there are lots of people on at the same time, it should operate a queue system, so when you click the link it tells you your place in the queue.

What we got instead is that some people appear to have been randomly sent by the website into an endless loop of refreshing and being told "there are no tickets that meet your criteria", which is clearly rubbish as no criteria had been set.

A virtual queue is fair, relying on system bugs to scupper some people on pot luck is not fair.

Obviously not a priority with a big game Saturday, but the club and TicketMaster need to explain what happened and make sure it never happens like this again!
That’s spot on .
Why was I and many others asked to continually update my profile and preferences.
It hasn’t been a requirement all season .
And it’s not a dating app
Sort it out .
It’s not fair and it’s not fit for purpose .
I see the planning portal is still open for comments.
If you have more to add-you can

It’s what it is .
But it isn’t .
It’s unfair and will have to be sorted if when go up
I have no complaints if the system is fair and everyone gets a fair shout. The current status of season ticket holders getting priority is as it has been for many years and has worked. What rankles with today is that it was very much pot luck if you got through the system to the point of actually buying tickets. Some have said how easy it was, some have had issues with "profile updates" others with an apparent lack of meeting criteria. However it transpired, it has come down to some were lucky, others were not. However, to spend over half an hour refreshing the screen in the vain hope of being one of those lucky ones, is extremely frustrating and strikes me as not a fair system.

Went on at 4pm got 1 away ticket, no reference to linked accounts. Seems I was fortunate.

The stand in question next Wednesday is diabolical by the way. There is barely enough legroom for a gnat.
Lucky you. May be you got one because you go on the Radio Oxford post match phone in or your Dad was once Chairman of the club!

It was a 1 in 3.5 (approx.) chance of getting a ticket, over 3000 season ticket holders have missed out.
Got mine 😁

Excellent summing up and maybe one that @OUSP could bring to the clubs attention.

It was a 1 in 3.5 (approx.) chance of getting a ticket, over 3000 season ticket holders have missed out.
Got mine 😁
Just out of interest, I take it you are a ST holder e.g. didn’t borrow a mates ST, and attend away games?

And whilst I’m at it, I’d say they should include whether you attended the Austria and Spain pre-season trips.

Next the club will tell us they’ve given the north stand to Peterborough for Saturday!!

I’d like to think that when a spare ticket becomes available (at least a few people with tickets will have reasons why they’re unable to make it a day or two before the match) that it might be offered to Paul B in recognition to the excellent Fans View he’s been putting together for years for us fellow supporters to enjoy.

Excellent summing up and maybe one that @OUSP could bring to the clubs attention.
When buying tickets for music events it is for tens of thousands of tickets with hundreds of thousands of people trying to buy them. Not 4k people for 1.3k tickets.

Thats why no queue system was needed. Our numbers are very small in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom