Tickets 1350 Peterborough Away Ticket Allocation

Does anyone know which pubs will have the game on, especially with the Champions League game on even though English clubs are not involved?

We're still keeping our fingers crossed that a pair of tickets materialise but, also fairly resigned to watching at home. Still deliberating over the pre-paid hotel. Can't get a refund for the room but will do for the breakfast. Going to leave that decision to the last minute!
Do you normally sit in the SSU right next to the directors box?

Do you normally sit in the SSU right next to the directors box?
Few seats away. I do know the couple who sit adjacent to the box. They got tickets as did the two chaps who sit to our right! Both said they just logged on at 4 o'clock, went straight in and bought. Job done in seconds. One was texting me at 5 past 4 to see where we would be sitting!

Few seats away. I do know the couple who sit adjacent to the box. They got tickets as did the two chaps who sit to our right! Both said they just logged on at 4 o'clock, went straight in and bought. Job done in seconds. One was texting me at 5 past 4 to see where we would be sitting!
👍 unreal how they got them so easily!

And weirdly, none of the people around us tried to get a ticket, and they’re all ST holders!

Last edited:
Some acknowledgement of the issues faced by some trying to buy tickets. In my case my profile was up to date and had been for some time. I had updated my account long ago at the point of the new system coming on line and I have not experienced any issues with previous ticket purchases.
I can only imagine that the increase in applicants all at the same time caused a problem. Not one that should be accepted given the size of Ticketmaster. (if, indeed, that the problem was with their system) It would be good to hear that the club has instigated some sort of process to enhance the robustness of the ticketing set up. Come the new stadium with a lot more seats to fill, having a reliable set up will be imperative.

Some acknowledgement of the issues faced by some trying to buy tickets. In my case my profile was up to date and had been for some time. I had updated my account long ago at the point of the new system coming on line and I have not experienced any issues with previous ticket purchases.
I can only imagine that the increase in applicants all at the same time caused a problem. Not one that should be accepted given the size of Ticketmaster. (if, indeed, that the problem was with their system) It would be good to hear that the club has instigated some sort of process to enhance the robustness of the ticketing set up. Come the new stadium with a lot more seats to fill, having a reliable set up will be imperative.
This is gently aimed at those that experienced problems because their profile wasn’t up to date, without pointing the finger.
Others that were up to date, like you, simply weren’t lucky due to exceptional demand, surely the same as any other ticket sale where demand outstrips supply?
Maybe we won’t know for sure unless the club says so, or until the next time demand outstrips supply.

This is gently aimed at those that experienced problems because their profile wasn’t up to date, without pointing the finger.
Others that were up to date, like you, simply weren’t lucky due to exceptional demand, surely the same as any other ticket sale where demand outstrips supply?
Maybe we won’t know for sure unless the club says so, or until the next time demand outstrips supply.
My account was up to date too, but didn’t manage to get a ticket either.

Something happened, but just cannot put my finger on it.

Would be good to get some comment from the club.

My account was up to date too, but didn’t manage to get a ticket either.

Something happened, but just cannot put my finger on it.

Would be good to get some comment from the club.

What happened was that 1350 others got lucky whilst you didn't. I appreciate that it's frustrating but the continued suggestion that "something happened" is a little bizarre.

OUSP has taken forward genuine concerns about the process, and the club have put comms out for those who may have had issues logging in or completing payments.

I honestly don't know what else you want.

What happened was that 1350 others got lucky whilst you didn't. I appreciate that it's frustrating but the continued suggestion that "something happened" is a little bizarre.

OUSP has taken forward genuine concerns about the process, and the club have put comms out for those who may have had issues logging in or completing payments.

I honestly don't know what else you want.
I was trying to be empathetic…

I was trying to be empathetic…
As I am. But unfortunately demand was always going to out weigh supply and whoever lost out would feel hard done by.

The club are looking at the systems and have asked everyone to review their yellow account details to try to minimise any future issues. I'm not sure what else they can do.

As I am. But unfortunately demand was always going to out weigh supply and whoever lost out would feel hard done by.

The club are looking at the systems and have asked everyone to review their yellow account details to try to minimise any future issues. I'm not sure what else they can do.
Well, let’s see if the club find that there was some kind of issue with the system.

I personally think something happened which wasn’t just related to supply & demand. Just a gut feeling.

Last edited:

Let's get this straight once and for all. My account was, and is, up to date. My profile was, and is, up to date. I did not need to update anything in order to obtain tickets. I had just a few days earlier, successfully applied for, and purchased, tickets to Exeter. I was not asked to update my account, or my profile and nor, was I asked to prove that I was not a bot via "Captcha" on that occasion.
When it came to getting tickets for the away tie with Peterborough, I logged on to OUFC and logged into my account well before 4 p.m. I refreshed the screen so that at precisely 4 p.m. the option to purchase tickets was visible. From then on there was no option, at any time, to select tickets. I had set my criteria to 2 tickets - Mrs L and myself. I was then constantly frustrated by requests to update my profile or prove that I was not a bot. Subsequently, the only times that I got past that stage was to be informed that no tickets met my criteria. This was repeated, and by Mrs L, who was on her PC attempting to also purchase, for the proceeding 35 minutes at which time the website announced that all tickets were sold.

As to what the club can do is to look very closely at the systems and ensure that they are robust, secure and, have the capacity to cope with the demand placed upon them. As it stands, I have my doubts. I have no issue with not being successful if, and I stress IF, the system treats us all in a fair and equitable manner. Randomly selecting folk for profile updates or anti bot tests is not a a fair and equitable set up. If I stand in a queue outside the ticket office I would not expect to be taken out of that queue in order to prove that I am a bona fide customer and then sent to the back of that queue.

Let's get this straight once and for all. My account was, and is, up to date. My profile was, and is, up to date. I did not need to update anything in order to obtain tickets. I had just a few days earlier, successfully applied for, and purchased, tickets to Exeter. I was not asked to update my account, or my profile and nor, was I asked to prove that I was not a bot via "Captcha" on that occasion.
When it came to getting tickets for the away tie with Peterborough, I logged on to OUFC and logged into my account well before 4 p.m. I refreshed the screen so that at precisely 4 p.m. the option to purchase tickets was visible. From then on there was no option, at any time, to select tickets. I had set my criteria to 2 tickets - Mrs L and myself. I was then constantly frustrated by requests to update my profile or prove that I was not a bot. Subsequently, the only times that I got past that stage was to be informed that no tickets met my criteria. This was repeated, and by Mrs L, who was on her PC attempting to also purchase, for the proceeding 35 minutes at which time the website announced that all tickets were sold.

As to what the club can do is to look very closely at the systems and ensure that they are robust, secure and, have the capacity to cope with the demand placed upon them. As it stands, I have my doubts. I have no issue with not being successful if, and I stress IF, the system treats us all in a fair and equitable manner. Randomly selecting folk for profile updates or anti bot tests is not a a fair and equitable set up. If I stand in a queue outside the ticket office I would not expect to be taken out of that queue in order to prove that I am a bona fide customer and then sent to the back of that queue.

I haven't suggested that you had problems with your accounts. However, the club identified that many did and that this would have been a reason why they had issues and have guided people to review their accounts to ensure that doesn't occur again.

Any other issue will be incredibly hard to isolate, especially when there are so many people who may have an issue with a third party operator. OUSP have asked people affected to contact them so that the club can look at this is in detail.

But it is likely that some just simply missed out because more people wanted tickets than were available. It doesn't have to be someone's fault and it certainly isn't part of a wider conspiracy as some have implied.

When you add your entitlement of tickets to your basket and don't complete the purchase they remain in your basket for a few minutes... So you need to complete that purchase and won't be able to add other tickets to your basket until completed or it times out.

If you got the update profile message and clicked back rather than "tickets" then I expect they were sitting in the basket.

Well, let’s see if the club find that there was some kind of issue with the system.

I personally think something happened which wasn’t just related to supply & demand. Just a gut feeling.

Do we know of anyone who got a ticket for Wednesday who wasn't online at 4pm sharp?

It seems to me (just from reading stories on here) that probably 2000+ people were online at 4pm trying to get <1350 tickets (1350 minus however many were held back for players, directors, box holders etc. etc.), Ticketmaster didn't have a queuing system set up because it can handle selling 1000+ tickets simultaneously. So when the clocked hit 4, it let the requisite number of people in and sent everyone else off around the houses.

Definitely not the best approach from a customer service and messaging perspective, but do we have any tales to lead us to believe that it was nefarious rather than random?

Exactly like this for me, and had no issues when purchasing tickets for Exeter away etc.

Do we know of anyone who got a ticket for Wednesday who wasn't online at 4pm sharp?

It seems to me (just from reading stories on here) that probably 2000+ people were online at 4pm trying to get <1350 tickets (1350 minus however many were held back for players, directors, box holders etc. etc.), Ticketmaster didn't have a queuing system set up because it can handle selling 1000+ tickets simultaneously. So when the clocked hit 4, it let the requisite number of people in and sent everyone else off around the houses.

Definitely not the best approach from a customer service and messaging perspective, but do we have any tales to lead us to believe that it was nefarious rather than random?
Bit tough on the old boys with a pocketful of folded fivers? Mind you even Oxford City encourage you to buy online

I haven't suggested that you had problems with your accounts. However, the club identified that many did and that this would have been a reason why they had issues and have guided people to review their accounts to ensure that doesn't occur again.

Any other issue will be incredibly hard to isolate, especially when there are so many people who may have an issue with a third party operator. OUSP have asked people affected to contact them so that the club can look at this is in detail.

But it is likely that some just simply missed out because more people wanted tickets than were available. It doesn't have to be someone's fault and it certainly isn't part of a wider conspiracy as some have implied.
I experienced exactly the same issues as @Manorlounger @OUSP
My account was completely up to date .
I’ve booked away tickets for 28 away games
I’ve booked tickets for 4 home cup games .
Not once, BEFORE selecting my tickets and placing them in my basket, have I been required to update my profile and preferences and taken out of the queue .
Why did this happen for BOTH home and away games against Peterborough ?

Who said it was part of some of conspiracy?

I would however like to know how many tickets were set aside for players families, club staff, sponsors, box owners etc. Not saying this because I say that they may not be entitled to one, but just interested to know how many if the 1350 tickets were actually available.

And I believe the club did send out a recent communication about checking your account/ensure that your networks were aligned etc.

I am convinced the system failed at some level for some, but not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom