Away Match Day Thread 17/02/2024 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No Moore. Worst possible game for him to be missing. Our luck with injuries this season is just terrible!

Have to say Iโ€™m not trudging through the industrial estate on my way in to the ground with much confidence - but that has knocked it even more. We always look so incapable of scoring here. Let alone now needing multiple goals as I just canโ€™t see a clean sheet now!

Wow Iโ€™d love to be surprised with a much more pleasant afternoon than weโ€™ve had here in recent years! This walk has brought back scarring memories of that arctic defeat last year when Mehmeti gave Djavan A one of the most comprehensive destructions of a fullback Iโ€™ve ever seen a winger give!

Moore will be a big miss , especially up against WW aerial bombardment and 'physical' style of play

IF Negru plays like he did earlier this season we'll maybe be OK in the middle?

Moore, McGuane and Burey not in the squad.

I noticed Moore was holding his hip on Tuesday evening.
McGuane has been off the pace or carrying an injury for a few weeks now.
Burey missing means weโ€™re lacking the option to bring someone on from the bench with a bit of pace.

Vokes not playing for them. Thatโ€™s big. Negru bullied v Cheltenham and could have been similar today so thatโ€™s a huge plus for us

Whats happened to Burey?
Suspect with McGuane being out, needed to put JMc on bench to cover the middle of the park, particularly with our new centre midfielder not playing 90 mins in a long time. Suspect it was between Burey and Dale for the bench with Dales experience winning.

Interesting selection choices....think Moore is the big loss but let's see what Negru can do, about time he showed us how he wowed us all when he first came in.๐Ÿคž๐Ÿฝ

Suspect with McGuane being out, needed to put JMc on bench to cover the middle of the park, particularly with our new centre midfielder not playing 90 mins in a long time. Suspect it was between Burey and Dale for the bench with Dales experience winning.
Burey has played far, far better than Dale so far (obviously a small sample size). If Iโ€™m Burey Iโ€™m annoyed as Iโ€™ve done pretty well and worked hard in every game Iโ€™ve played yet Iโ€™m left out in favour of someone whoโ€™s last game was an absolutely abysmal 45 minutes. How is that fair?

Burey has played far, far better than Dale so far (obviously a small sample size). If Iโ€™m Burey Iโ€™m annoyed as Iโ€™ve done pretty well and worked hard in every game Iโ€™ve played yet Iโ€™m left out in favour of someone whoโ€™s last game was an absolutely abysmal 45 minutes. How is that fair?
I'm not saying I agree or disagree, i can see arguments for both, that is just my theory on why he is not in the squad. He could be injured for all I know.

Thorniley must be frustrated. He's by far the more experienced and versatile out of him and Negru. Perhaps Des didn't want 2 left-footers? Or thought there's no need for a ball-plating defender against Wycombe?

Edit : Just seen above screenshots. Makes a lot more sense now.

Back
Top Bottom