Current Player #17 James Henry

Um, wouldn't that just lead to people delving into the dark regions of James' psyche?

If goal scoring is an issue right now, have we a (albeit short term) solution to that with James Henry?

One major issue we had against Reading was trying to work the ball to the wingers on the edge of the area and then cross it in for a player who wasn't there. I felt we could and should be cutting it back or getting it into a position where a shot from the edge of the area would create a better chance for a goal.

That's where Henry steps in. He's never been one for tap ins and has a decent and accurate shot on him. We won't see much more from him since he'll almost certainly be released in June (or even January if we want to free up a wage) but for now, are we overlooking our most natural goalscorer as an option? 56 goals in 200 starts+44 sub appearances is a very good record.

If goal scoring is an issue right now, have we a (albeit short term) solution to that with James Henry?

One major issue we had against Reading was trying to work the ball to the wingers on the edge of the area and then cross it in for a player who wasn't there. I felt we could and should be cutting it back or getting it into a position where a shot from the edge of the area would create a better chance for a goal.

That's where Henry steps in. He's never been one for tap ins and has a decent and accurate shot on him. We won't see much more from him since he'll almost certainly be released in June (or even January if we want to free up a wage) but for now, are we overlooking our most natural goalscorer as an option? 56 goals in 200 starts+44 sub appearances is a very good record.
Unlikely to be the answer IMO, I wonder if his body can stand up to League One football anymore

Isn't he a bit like Bodin, can't play wide as he doesn't have the pace so that only leaves where Rodrigues plays (Bodin can also fill in up front I suppose so slightly different), how would you fit Rodrigues, Bodin and Henry into the team? They all are capable of getting a few goals but you would not want all 3 of them on the pitch at the same time, to one paced.

He's been a great goal scorer for us but I'm not sure we can hope for more than the odd cameo now. He does have the ability to get goals from unexpected positions by shooting very accurately.
His best scoring return for us in a season was 14 in 38 games.
I can’t see JH as any sort of answer to our goal problem.

One goal every 6 games throughout his career?
History is great but if you can’t see the decline over the past couple of years through injuries & his legs almost gone he simply doesn’t effect the game anymore like he did in his pomp

No

History is great but if you can’t see the decline over the past couple of years through injuries & his legs almost gone he simply doesn’t effect the game anymore like he did in his pomp
I meant that 1 in 6 is not the answer to our problems!

I’m a big fan of James Henry, he’s been pretty much my favourite player during the years he’s been at the club, his talent has been virtually 2nd to none in the time he’s been with us.

But his best years are now well behind him, and he’s simply had too many injuries during the last couple of season, and unfortunately isn’t up to it anymore.

Whether he leaves in January or in the summer, he can do so with his head held high, and as a club legend.

Maybe a Mousinho style move into the coaching staff could be on the cards?

The goals that James Henry scored for us have been invaluable he isn’t a striker but chipping in a few have been great, sadly those times have now gone and thank you James as @Mad Dog says a coaching role would be good.

Back
Top Bottom