Home Match Day Thread 19/04/2024: L1 - OUFC v Stevenage

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Iโ€™m kind of dreading tonight - not because I feel we have to get into the playoffs, but because itโ€™s suddenly within reach despite our mishaps
Exactly that. The high of Saturday followed by the gutwrenching outcome on Tuesday has taken its toll.

Don't agree. Thought he was disappointing on Tuesday.
Agree to disagree. They resorted to bringing him down ( one was sent off). He at least ran at them.
I am.not saying he was a game changer but to me caused more of a problem than some before ( not that it was that difficult!)

Hard-fought but ultimately comfortable home win.

Lincoln to scrap their way to a 1-0 lead at Whaddon Road. But then, in the 96th minute (of just 5 added minutes) a hopeful punt upfield from Cheltenham (attacking the away end) is met with a poor headed connection from a thug of a Lincoln CB, that somehow spins off his gigantic dome and behind him.

Suddenly, Matty Taylor (playing off said brute's shoulder), peels away and is bearing down on goal. The Keeper (fresh from the two minutes it just took him to take a goal kick) commits early, sliding to the ground as Taylor lifts it over him - whereby is takes an eternity but nestles cutely in the back of the net for a crucial equaliser.

Matty streams away running alongside the away end with his fore-finger to his lips. He comes to stop at the corner flag, rips off his Cheltenham shirt and reveals a t-shirt on which he has hand-scrawled 'UP THE F*CKING OX' in marker pen. He stands, arms out-stretched, mobbed by his team-mates, as the Lincoln fans clamber over each other to scream obscenities at him as their play-off hopes lie in ruins.

That would be amazing.

I don't think we have overly missed him given how well Long has played. Long is also more of a threat attacking set pieces, has Moore even scored this season?

Just the one, as WEYellow points out - but it was at Stevenage!

Hard-fought but ultimately comfortable home win.

Lincoln to scrap their way to a 1-0 lead at Whaddon Road. But then, in the 96th minute (of just 5 added minutes) a hopeful punt upfield from Cheltenham (attacking the away end) is met with a poor headed connection from a thug of a Lincoln CB, that somehow spins off his gigantic dome and behind him.

Suddenly, Matty Taylor (playing off said brute's shoulder), peels away and is bearing down on goal. The Keeper (fresh from the two minutes it just took him to take a goal kick) commits early, sliding to the ground as Taylor lifts it over him - whereby is takes an eternity but nestles cutely in the back of the net for a crucial equaliser.

Matty streams away running alongside the away end with his fore-finger to his lips. He comes to stop at the corner flag, rips off his Cheltenham shirt and reveals a t-shirt on which he has hand-scrawled 'UP THE F*CKING OX' in marker pen. He stands, arms out-stretched, mobbed by his team-mates, as the Lincoln fans clamber over each other to scream obscenities at him as their play-off hopes lie in ruins.
I am sick of these safe, generic predictions that are made so the originator can claim to be โ€œrightโ€ whenever anything happens.

I

I don't think we have overly missed him given how well Long has played. Long is also more of a threat attacking set pieces, has Moore even scored this season?
Surely Moore is far more if a threat at dead balls?
Put it this way we normally aim at Moore and on Tuesday quite often were aiming at Brown in his absence.
We had plenty if corners Tuesday and hardly won anything in the air.

Put it this way we normally aim at Moore and on Tuesday quite often were aiming at Brown in his absence.
Yeah you've also got Aaron Pressley if he plays who is a 6'4" striker, so again those are the kind of players Moore has much more chance of being competitive in the air with.

Agree to disagree. They resorted to bringing him down ( one was sent off). He at least ran at them.
I am.not saying he was a game changer but to me caused more of a problem than some before ( not that it was that difficult!)

Agree. He attached them and they had no answer. He got their left back sent off.

Dropped deeper and worked it inside nicely once or twice too.

Letโ€™s not use Murphyโ€™s form of the last few weeks as the bar against which to measure our other wingers.

I got Wordle in one today. It was my starting word which I have used since the beginning.

This means it's my lucky day and we will tonk Stevenage 8-0 in a display of samba football.
Me too Eric - it has been my first word of choice for a while now.

Iโ€™ll lift* a glass to you if we win tonight ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thatโ€™s because the corners were awful and to close to the keeper

If we honestly cannot get past a team, with nothing left to play for this season and whose manager has just leftโ€ฆ? well then we really donโ€™t deserve to be in the playoffs.
Not predicting a walk in the park but surely we can nick a goal or two!

Back
Top Bottom