World Cup 20/08/2023: Women’s World Cup 2023 FINAL - Spain v England

It’s got a bit ragged all of a sudden. Nothing is sticking for Russo up front at all.

Maybe keep it to 1-0 and reset at HT.

Spain are outstanding here. A level higher than anything we've seen from them up to now. We're lucky to only be one down. Get to half time at 1-0 and have a rethink.

We’re a need to make changes at half time. At the moment when their grandchildren ask “ Nan is that right you played in the World Cup final?” “ yes darling I did “ “ did you win Nan?” “ no we didn’t “ “ Nan can I go out to play? “

I thought Spain played really well. Cramping England for space, pressing hard, and have looked the more dangerous with 3 or 4 good chances. Very much how we played yesterday.

A reset from England, keeping the ball, dominate possession and be a little more patient with the final ball.

We certainly have plenty of players that can turn this game in a moment so still very much in it.

We’re a need to make changes at half time. At the moment when their grandchildren ask “ Nan is that right you played in the World Cup final?” “ yes darling I did “ “ did you win Nan?” “ no we didn’t “ “ Nan can I go out to play? “

"Nan, did you play in the World Cup final?"

"Yes, and I won the Euros the year before and achieved more in few months than the men did in 60 odd years"

"Nan, you're amazing!"

Massive call from Wiegman taking Russo and Daly off. James and Kelly on.

"Nan, did you play in the World Cup final?"

"Yes, and I won the Euros the year before and achieved more in few months than the men did in 60 odd years"

"Nan, you're amazing!"
“ but Nan it’s the World Cup?”

Spain all over England we can’t even wind the 2nd ball. Hope I’m wrong but we’ll done for getting to the final

Back
Top Bottom