Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course getting your recruitment done early is nearly impossible anyway. Any decent player would hold on to see what offers come in and not just accept the first one. The other thing to remember is that players are under contract until the end of June, so are obviously still paid until then. It will really get going in early July.

PR-B spoke highly of him on the radio in the play off matches. Thing is I guess as another young right winger when we already have Tyler Goodrham might not have helped?
I’m no judge but I don’t think young Clarke will play in the first team for a year or two. Bristol probably collect promising young players.

Sheyi Ojo? Just released by Liverpool. Was at MK Dons as a teenager around when KR would have been. Lots of loans in championship. 24 so good age. And I always sign him on football manager so……
There was an early point in the Klopp era where he looked like he could be a squad player for them, but when he went out on loan it just didn't work out for him. He's never played below the Championship, but I reckon a drop down to League One is just what he needs to reinvigorate his career. I wouldn't mind it at all if it was with us.

As long as the 1st choice left footed centre back for the back 3 & the 1st choice left wing back as clearly that won’t be Seddon.. are sorted before we start playing pre season games then I’ll be happy.

That means the GK & back 5 can get some consistency. (Which it needs!)

Then we can add the other 5/6 (CB, CB, CM, RW, LW, CF) after week by week as we build towards the close of the window.

Stevens
McNally Moore *Player 1*
Long Smyth Brannagan *Player 2*
Browne
Taylor Baldock

* Example - Realistic signings of Jordan Thorniley & Nicky Cadden ahead of our first pre season game.. 😄😄😃😃😃

Would go for an experienced keeper, afraid Stevens worried me a bit last season, didnt look quite the same. Think Eastwood is now the back up

Well done to everyone involved in the 'is Baldock a new signing or not?' argument!

Tbh if he was at MK when KR was there or he’s been released by Liverpool, at 24 a name that doesn’t jump out at you so maybe move on.

It doesn't matter if the name doesn't jump out at you. The bigger question is could he do a good job for the team. That's the trouble on here sometimes, people want big name signings. That isn't our way and they invariably don't work.

Yeah right.

Half would want to go to 'spoons, half would want to go to the organic micro brewery, half would suggest buying some bostik and going down the park and half would rather be complaining about fractions via social media.
4 half’s that sounds about right for thidd as place!, we could have sarge on the decks, manorlounger in charge of the biscuits, and Colin b doing the headcount!

I’m no judge but I don’t think young Clarke will play in the first team for a year or two. Bristol probably collect promising young players.
Oh yes , with two young right wingers trying to get match time when there will be senior players ahead of them would have been limited .

It doesn't matter if the name doesn't jump out at you. The bigger question is could he do a good job for the team. That's the trouble on here sometimes, people want big name signings. That isn't our way and they invariably don't work.
Agree. Hands up who'd ever heard of Lundstram, Ledson, Rothwell, Brannigan before they'd signed for us? Nope. Me neither.

4 half’s that sounds about right for thidd as place!, we could have sarge on the decks, manorlounger in charge of the biscuits, and Colin b doing the headcount!
And the discussions could feature the normal mix of half-baked ideas, half-arsed logic, half-wit contributions and other halves being blamed for non -attendence

I'm not stalking him or anything lol, but he's in Marbella so doubt you will see him in benidorm. Ps I should of been in Benidorm this week too, but the wife had other ideas having my second child 3 weeks ago.
What's stopping you now 😂

Exactly. We don't want another Dave Kitson

Agree
We have a good track record over the years in bringing in players nobody has heard of who turn out to be great players

Recently Atkinson Moore Dickie Mc Nally going back a little while who can honestly say they had heard of Brannagan and look what a diamond we have there
On the flip side Winnall springs to mind we had all heard of him and apart from one header v SW he was dire

There's a distinct difference between big names 'past-their-sell-by' and established quality players at this level from rival clubs.
Of course, we should (and do) sign plenty of 'unheard ofs' - and we've done very well in that department (and will likely continue to).
But personally I'd also like to see us sign one or two of the best players from other clubs at this level too - that'd be a real sign of intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom