Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the summer has gone so far makes the KR to QPR situation all the more interesting. How close did it get? Was he distracted by the thought of going their for some time? It is fairly well known they had extensive talks and Les Ferdinand was seen at a number of our end of season games. I would of thought this would of put KR in a fairly strong negotiation position when it comes to budget for the upcoming season. Could be a pivotal moment for all concerned?!

The way the summer has gone so far makes the KR to QPR situation all the more interesting. How close did it get? Was he distracted by the thought of going their for some time? It is fairly well known they had extensive talks and Les Ferdinand was seen at a number of our end of season games. I would of thought this would of put KR in a fairly strong negotiation position when it comes to budget for the upcoming season. Could be a pivotal moment for all concerned?!
If he had extensive with QPR which meant he was certainly in contention he would have been offered a good contract and a good wage, if he turned them down if he was offered the job then OUFC would have given him promises for him to stay here.

Robinson was given permission to speak to QPR, this is a fact, because of this I believe we are behind on our recruitment.

In other news, how are you planning to stay cool tomorrow? Given how hot things have become on this forum I imagine many are going to struggle.

Personally, and I appreciate this is different to a lot of the posters on the forum, I don't currently see us as having to go for the Championship, I think there's too much going on behind the scenes, and uncertainty. A strong league one side doesn't bother me as much as it does others. That's nowt to do with a lack of ambition on my part, as of course I'd love us in the championship, and appreciate that going up could lead to better things on and off the field. But equally, as things stand right now and for the last few years, I think it could back fire.
I don’t understand this point of view. How exactly could it backfire?

Even if you spend a season in the Championship and come straight back down, you’re in exactly the same position as you would have been if you’d stayed in L1 except:

- You have more money

- You have experience of how to get promoted

- You have an idea of what the Championship will be like if you get there again.

Nothing but a positive for me.

If he had extensive with QPR which meant he was certainly in contention he would have been offered a good contract and a good wage, if he turned them down if he was offered the job then OUFC would have given him promises for him to stay here.

He wasn't offered the job at QPR from what I've heard. OUFC let Robinson go and talk to them but because Robbo wasn't going to have full control of the recruitment, coaching etc both parties decided it wasn't the best candidate. I did also hear that Karl asked for permission to speak to Charlton about their vacant position but it was clear Charlton wanted Ben Garner as their new boss. It's definitely had an impact on our pre season/ transfer buisness and I woukd be very surprised if Karl is still in charge come the turn of the new year.

Ok, huuuge stab in the dark... but could this be the dutch winger? Middlesbrough were interested a couple of years ago. He subsequently moved to France but hasnt had much game time and now other english champ and league 1 clubs rumoured to be interested...

I’d imagine out of our price range considering Reims paid 1.8m for him 12 months ago

All positive posters - even LSB, even Scotchers - have expressed concerns this transfer window.

If you think we get to the end of this window having only signed Brown, Findlay, Jones and Sinclair, and 100% of forum members won't be disappointed and angry, you're mistaken. The difference is that this split between 'positive' and 'negative' posters opened up in the middle of June, which in my mind was too early to be frothing at the mouth. At this point in pre-season, it's much more reasonable.

I still don't see the benefit to complete negativity. I echo the concerns that something seems to be inherently wrong in our approach to clubs and players (and let's be honest, most likely more so the agents). But there are still loads of free agents generally out there without clubs, even at the top level, just waiting on making the right move.

We had loads of talk about 'why don't we just get Norwood done', and the day after he signs for someone else, Roofe is apparently a L1 level target. We might not get him, but then could find later that a PL club signs a superstar and wants one of their youngsters permanently off the books.

We're not as big of a draw as Sheff Weds or Derby, or even a couple of others. But I wouldn't think we're so much of a basket case - even without a DoF - that we won't get some players in before the window closes.

In essence, it's really not been great. But I have to hope it gets better because I don't see what benefit there is to moan about it. At least not here 😄
The idea that getting players in early isn't beneficial is wrong.

Why have we not been able to sign players yet?
Why do we take punts on injury-prone players despite a good budget?

Once you’ve settled in after work Scotchers, (appreciate you’ve been working in a difficult environment on a very hot day and it’s the weekend) and caught up on things, I’d be very interested to hear your response and detailed take on Ryan’s posts from earlier today! They paint a worrying and troublesome picture of what’s going on behind the scenes, and many of us, from both sides of the fence are struggling to feel positive at all as a result.

I’m not trying to be funny or argue with anyone, but as probably the most consistently positive poster on here, who backs KR and everything OUFC, it would be interesting to know what you think and hear your views. Thanks

Dear Kemar Roofe.
Free fishing Permit and boilies for life. You know it maketh sense.

• React
Reactions: m
He wasn't offered the job at QPR from what I've heard. OUFC let Robinson go and talk to them but because Robbo wasn't going to have full control of the recruitment, coaching etc both parties decided it wasn't the best candidate. I did also hear that Karl asked for permission to speak to Charlton about their vacant position but it was clear Charlton wanted Ben Garner as their new boss. It's definitely had an impact on our pre season/ transfer buisness and I woukd be very surprised if Karl is still in charge come the turn of the new year.
Well if he asked to speak to Charlton is his heart still with us

Robinson was given permission to speak to QPR, this is a fact, because of this I believe we are behind on our recruitment.
Have heard the same, I think KR expected to get that job.
Early signings we wanted were put on hold and other clubs took advantage
This ,plus KR makes it very clear he doesn’t like agents and is it any wonder we are lagging behind

Just seen other posts re KR and I expect Brannagan is not long for this club

All positive posters - even LSB, even Scotchers - have expressed concerns this transfer window.

If you think we get to the end of this window having only signed Brown, Findlay, Jones and Sinclair, and 100% of forum members won't be disappointed and angry, you're mistaken. The difference is that this split between 'positive' and 'negative' posters opened up in the middle of June, which in my mind was too early to be frothing at the mouth. At this point in pre-season, it's much more reasonable.

I still don't see the benefit to complete negativity. I echo the concerns that something seems to be inherently wrong in our approach to clubs and players (and let's be honest, most likely more so the agents). But there are still loads of free agents generally out there without clubs, even at the top level, just waiting on making the right move.

We had loads of talk about 'why don't we just get Norwood done', and the day after he signs for someone else, Roofe is apparently a L1 level target. We might not get him, but then could find later that a PL club signs a superstar and wants one of their youngsters permanently off the books.

We're not as big of a draw as Sheff Weds or Derby, or even a couple of others. But I wouldn't think we're so much of a basket case - even without a DoF - that we won't get some players in before the window closes.

In essence, it's really not been great. But I have to hope it gets better because I don't see what benefit there is to moan about it. At least not here [emoji1]

If we reach the end of the window and we have only signed Brown, Findlay, Sinclair and Jones, we will all know that something is seriously seriously wrong at board level, and below.

I still believe that we will bring in the quality that we need, in order to compete with those teams that are expected to be at the top of the league; however, after UTO’s post, I am certainly concerned about our off-field matters.

Two weeks ago, I was pretty harsh on several posters, because a lot of what was being said, was knee jerk, and premature. Two more weeks have passed, and we’re still in the same position - yes Findlay is coming to us, but that’s not the only position that we are recruiting for.

If, by the end of this week, we only have Findlay through the door, I will be getting twitchy. At this point, im more concerned about our preparations for Derby. We can’t start the season ‘cold’ and drop points to teams, that we really should be beating! All of our opening 6 games are winnable, and we have to make the most of that. I don’t want KR up to his eyeballs in negotiations, when his team has started the league season!

I’m not quite ready to change my username to Great Uncle LeftSideMellowYellowLeysBoy, but I’m not far off..

Something is wrong, and I don’t like what I’m reading/hearing.

But he also is belligerent towards posters who have a difference of opinion.you say you also don’t agree with everything he says but you are a bit one sided with your view, and I’m not having a dig.
I don’t agree with everything he says, but he gets victimised and vilified far more than anyone else on here. Just seems to be the way of the modern world these days! It’s not his points and opinions I’m referring to, it’s the select that like to single him out for abuse.

I find myself somewhere between scotch and Kip in terms of which ‘bus’ I’m on, which is a pretty huge distance between stops I know, so I don’t feel the need to side with either side of the brigades. But it’s quite simply a forum of people voicing opinions, there’s disagreeing with someone, then there’s a personal vendetta which seems to be the case here.

After all, Newley all of us have grown to love your self-proclaimed ‘fat fingers’, I’m sure we can tolorate everyone for the sake of a debate 😉

The idea that getting players in early isn't beneficial is wrong.

Why have we not been able to sign players yet?
Why do we take punts on injury-prone players despite a good budget?
So you’d rather sign a player that’s available on the first day rather than someone you may have to wait for due to competition/contract etc, purely because they’re the first one available? Interesting way of looking at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom