Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
He picked his back room team, he has the final say, you can’t know what is said behind the scenes? You are trying to divert blame from the person who will have to carry the can, the manager.
I feel I'm being painted as Karl fanboy here, I'm really not, I'm just trying to understand. One thing I noticed is that the team generally appeared pretty united and spirited for most of last season but last night they really didn't seem happy or confident. I wonder if something has unsettled them, e.g. the big new contracts being given out, or are they just sick of Karl's voice?

I can tell you with absolute certainty that more than one player has been red flagged by the medical department in the last 2/3 seasons and we’ve still signed them anyway. He has failed to listen to medical advice more than once. It’s his decision - nobody can overrule him and players can’t ‘fail’ a medical.

It annoys me when I hear Robinson saying injuries are just bad luck in his post-match. “Oooh, Yanic fell over the wrong way, Marcus got kicked, you can’t compensate for that.” No, Karl, that is merely how being injury prone or not fit works. Your body is less capable of taking knocks and falls because it is more fragile than most or because it’s being built up from a substandard level, and therefore you are more likely to get injured. It isn’t bad luck, the odds are against you from the off because players are not fully fit or because their bodies have been weakened from severe injuries or wear and tear. That’s how it works, Karl.

It’s up there with the comments of “we think we can get 60 minutes out of him” that pop up every season at some point. If a player can only play 60 minutes then they aren’t 100% fit, so not only are you not even getting 60 minutes of that player at full throttle as is the implication, it’s an admission of risk because their body isn’t properly conditioned. Hence why Murphy plays less than 90 minutes of football after not having a proper pre-season and does his hammy, which we apparently knew wasn’t right when we signed him and yet he’s starting games on the back of a fortnight of light training. Between fees and wages over two years Murphy is costing nearly a million pounds. And not only is he apparently injured when he shows up, he’s then chucked in pretty much cold and ends up on the treatment table after less than 90 minutes of football.

Sorry, I’m not trying to have a rant, but I’m getting really fed up with hearing Robinson bemoan bad luck like some sort of addict sweating over a roulette wheel.
Your just saying it as it is.

Bumped into N mc before the game he said trying to get a winger in also said we were outbid on a few players and to late on others.No mention of full backs or a striker.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that more than one player has been red flagged by the medical department in the last 2/3 seasons and we’ve still signed them anyway. He has failed to listen to medical advice more than once. It’s his decision - nobody can overrule him and players can’t ‘fail’ a medical.

It annoys me when I hear Robinson saying injuries are just bad luck in his post-match. “Oooh, Yanic fell over the wrong way, Marcus got kicked, you can’t compensate for that.” No, Karl, that is merely how being injury prone or not fit works. Your body is less capable of taking knocks and falls because it is more fragile than most or because it’s being built up from a substandard level, and therefore you are more likely to get injured. It isn’t bad luck, the odds are against you from the off because players are not fully fit or because their bodies have been weakened from severe injuries or wear and tear. That’s how it works, Karl.

It’s up there with the comments of “we think we can get 60 minutes out of him” that pop up every season at some point. If a player can only play 60 minutes then they aren’t 100% fit, so not only are you not even getting 60 minutes of that player at full throttle as is the implication, it’s an admission of risk because their body isn’t properly conditioned. Hence why Murphy plays less than 90 minutes of football after not having a proper pre-season and does his hammy, which we apparently knew wasn’t right when we signed him and yet he’s starting games on the back of a fortnight of light training. Between fees and wages over two years Murphy is costing nearly a million pounds. And not only is he apparently injured when he shows up, he’s then chucked in pretty much cold and ends up on the treatment table after less than 90 minutes of football.

Sorry, I’m not trying to have a rant, but I’m getting really fed up with hearing Robinson bemoan bad luck like some sort of addict sweating over a roulette wheel.

Hardly a rant, Ryan. I think a growing majority are already there with that view.

Some injuries are 'unlucky'. CamBran's eye issue and Stevens getting glandular fever for example. Crippling Marcus Browne against Pompey last season because you are so keen to get him on the field when he's hardly had any football and isn't 100% fit is not 'unlucky'.

I don't believe, for one single minute, that the real decision makers (those paying £1m in wages etc to Murphy or those allegedly offering bidding for Hardie etc) are impressed. If they are, then more fool them.

I think the scrutiny from Horst and Co, will be magnified after last night on 'any' request from Tiger's manager.

Mousinho is 'player coach' - why would he have any involvement in recruitment?

Amy Cranston is the physio! I can't quite believe that she is being brought into this in any way to deflect from KR's failings.
Amy is "Head of Medical" from memory.

It's a Huge worry. Also an interesting interview yesterday from Barton at Rovers that Cam is on £6000 to £7000 and they were after Joseph but Swansea wanted £5500 a week and we blew Rovers out of the water. And yes you wouldn't want to play any of the bigger teams at the minute. Some shocking signing. Gutted for Marcus and now virtually the whole forward line injured. I don't think it's been a bad start it's been a catastrophic start.
This really should open fans eyes to the Rip off and extortion that our game has become.

Fans talk about our increased budget but we're having to pay more for the same pool of players and this is due to crazy money being paid to Average players in the top 2 leagues.

Having to pay a 20 year old £5.500 per week is madness and to then digest that to even get to have a conversation with the alleged slighty more next level up is costing 2 to 3 times this amount.

Left West Ham and went to Notts County. Is now no longer working in football.
Shame - I thought she did well when with us and was surprised to see her leave. Perhaps it was due to the 'interesting experiences' referred to - whatever they were!

Shame - I thought she did well when with us and was surprised to see her leave. Perhaps it was due to the 'interesting experiences' referred to - whatever they were!
I had a conversation re a family matter at the time, within minutes i received a message from Mark Ashton and the following day 2 tickets arrived in the post for Prime Seats.

Thought it was a big mistake to ignore the likes of Woolacott (free) and Bakinson this summer

With your obvious knowledge of Club affairs, at the time of the Eddie Odhiambo appointment, one of the respected ITKs suggested another off the field appointment was about to be made - any idea what happened to him/her?
Also, could you please refresh my memory as to what happened to Sarah Gooding, who appeared to be well thought of at the time.
No idea on the off field appointment, btw. I’ve heard nothing, but then I haven’t really asked.

Others have already answered re SG. There was certainly some ‘interesting stuff’ happening regarding the situation at the time but that’s one can of worms I’m not opening in public. I was offered her job and had a meeting about a separate role in marketing and turned both down. The club then merged the two roles and paid it a junior salary - it was becoming a shambles administratively at that point. By the end of that season Eales was trying to sell the club and the MD (GBT) had gone, Appleton had gone, Craig Dean had gone and it was all pretty much on fire. Ashton had left six months or so before SG.

No idea on the off field appointment, btw. I’ve heard nothing, but then I haven’t really asked.

Others have already answered re SG. There was certainly some ‘interesting stuff’ happening regarding the situation at the time but that’s one can of worms I’m not opening in public. I was offered her job and had a meeting about a separate role in marketing and turned both down. The club then merged the two roles and paid it a junior salary - it was becoming a shambles administratively at that point. By the end of that season Eales was trying to sell the club and the MD (GBT) had gone, Appleton had gone, Craig Dean had gone and it was all pretty much on fire. Ashton had left six months or so before SG.
Not an auspicious time in the history of OUFC.

Thanks - best leave it at that by the sounds of it!

All this negativity..

Where are you @Scotchegg & @LeftSideBoy ?

We need some positive vibes!
whatever peoples thoughts, it's stuff like that has shifted the forum away from sensible debate towards the need to prove a right or wrong, and that's without the toxic personal stuff that often gets thrown in.
This is fast becoming a place to stay away from if you're looking for a relaxing Ambience.

Left back, right back, two wingers and a striker still needed. Clock is ticking. We've had rotten luck with injuries but even taking the midfielders out of the equation, we still have 3 critical positions to fill.

On the fence about Findlay but Steve Seddon cannot continue - I'm not even sure how he wormed himself back into the team after being dropped for half a season plus he only has one foot which is unacceptable even at junior level. It means he is consistently pinned on the wing with a lump forward as an option or having to go back to the keeper. Findlay is almost the same with a cumbersome approach on the ball. Elliott Moore is too similar. At least with Dicke and McNally they could pick the ball up and run - now we are getting pressed to death my average teams.

If it wasn't for McGuane running the show and dominating the defensive midfield role and adding that bit of forward creativity, we would be utterly flat all over.

I feel I'm being painted as Karl fanboy here, I'm really not, I'm just trying to understand. One thing I noticed is that the team generally appeared pretty united and spirited for most of last season but last night they really didn't seem happy or confident. I wonder if something has unsettled them, e.g. the big new contracts being given out, or are they just sick of Karl's voice?
Jesus, you should have gone to the other games if you thought their body language was poor last night as I actually felt they were more together last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom