Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy with a spurious rumour...to even be linked with a new player. Is it a bit of a market problem? Window affected by the upcoming World Cup perhaps? Just dead in terms of buzz.

Charli Patino left out of the squad for the Arsenal tour…[emoji102]

If we were ever going to sign a young PL midfielder on loan, he would be my first choice! Unbelievable for his age, and despite signing a new deal at Arsenal, he’s horrendously underused!

I think he’ll go on loan to another PL or top-end Championship side.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

Well another day passes, and yet again we’ve signed bloody nobody. While the other Lge 1 teams strengthen, we seem to be happy treading water.

The happy clappers seem happy enough, that’s all that matters.

Disgraceful!!
How long till the transfer window closes?

How long till the transfer window closes?

I’m fully aware of that, but it’s incredibly alarming, and I can’t remember two very poor back to back transfer windows for a long time.

That positive bus will breakdown eventually, a bit like our activity. No movement!

I applaud their ability to do business, can't knock it. But I still think they have work to do. Keep in mind they failed to go up last year (a really costly loss to us!!!) and have since lost 2 of the outstanding players in the league - one of which was one of the top goal contributors across the EFL so they have a 35 goal void to fill just for starters - but they have £7m to do it with so a little overspend on fees to ensure deals are done quickly etc is no biggy - and they appear to have the infrastructure to support that. But the highlights of their window so far are;

Holland - I liked him but we fairly unanimously agreed he wasn't a big miss - he remains a project.
Tucker - Good business on a free
Barry - CV very reminiscent of McGuane's at the moment. Has ability but really not found his feet anywhere yet.
Grant - young lad from Rochdale, supposedly decent but untried.
2 Irish lads - We know first hand they could be McNally's, then again they could be Cooper's.

Looking at the above I still feel they have lost more than they've gained so whilst they've recruited well, we've done better with our retention and probably Tucker is the only one I would have quite liked from that list. They don't make me ashamed of how little we've done... Not yet anyway! Findlay or Tucker? Findlay. Whyte or Holland? Whyte (some would argue even Jodi Jones will be better than Holland!). Loanees - Morton or Barry? Morton. But of course the caveat is, none of those names are in an Oxford shirt yet and that's the crux of it - we've got to shake a leg now.
I'm sorry that's a very slanted view of their recruitment this season, to divert away from our current failings. If they got it spot on last season, there they had a spell of winning so many games, that was hardly down to just 2 players.
If their recruitment team got it so right last season then the the odds are far more stacked in their favour to get it right this season as well. That's common sense.

Hence why I said 'highlights' ;). They've got the numbers in and done that well. Included Burns in 'The 2 Irish lads' - Cooper came here with all sorts of plaudits and accolades. Sometimes they simply don't adjust for whatever reason. They have a good manager there who has as good a chance as any of getting the best from those players but I think this is just a case of anybody is better than our nobody and once the bodies arrive we'll start to feel a lot less inferior.
MK have signed quality players, so they are hardly anybody's. In the same vein "once the bodies arrive, " as long as they are fit to play and not crocked.

Charli Patino left out of the squad for the Arsenal tour…[emoji102]

If we were ever going to sign a young PL midfielder on loan, he would be my first choice! Unbelievable for his age, and despite signing a new deal at Arsenal, he’s horrendously underused!

I think he’ll go on loan to another PL or top-end Championship side.

Good shout.

Realistic as well.

Too fit, young & hungry for our current targets though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom