Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
As my mum was from Sligo, have always kept a eye on the bit of red.
Although it’s pre covid since I was at the showgrounds, I still watch as many games as I can.
There’s no doubt If it wasn’t for Mcginty, Sligo would of been out of the Europa league last Thursday.
He’s a good league of Ireland keeper. But as well as he played Thursday, I’ve also seen a fair few errors over the last couple of seasons.
He’s young at 22, tall a good shot stopper and has a decent left foot.
The potentials there and if Wayne Brown can iron out these lapses in judgement. He could do really well.
I trust what Nadi says his connections with Irish players have been spot on.

So young Mc Ginty is a work in progress and is not necessarily going to be our no.1 keeper

I don’t know but I assume Stevens is off and Eastwood will be our first choice keeper, we may find out tomorrow night

Absolutely, no point trying to reason with the unreasonable though, the irony of the posts towards scotch from certain posters is baffling yet they just don’t see it.

I don’t agree with everything he says, I also don’t agree with everything the negative bus say, but they’re entitled to an opinion. I can’t help but think some drive their posts towards an opinion that isn’t their own just to keep narrative and support their agenda, which is when it gets tedious
To me it seems the reverse, the happy clappers don't seem to read all of his posts or are selective when reading individual posts.
Where do you think the vitriol comes from? If you did read his posts you would see that, from a very long time back, are encased in some personal comment regarding the person he is replying to. As time has gone on, people are starting to reply in like form.
Now you might not like this aspect of it, but you cant have it both ways.

It's also worth bearing in mind with the heatwave today/tomorrow there's every chance medicals will have been put on hold for a few days for the safety of the players. The first team were in training first thing this morning to avoid the worst of the heat, it wouldn't be out of the question for us to delay the formalities of a few signings until it's a bit safer to do so.

No doubt if signings aren't announced by midday tomorrow KR and the club will take a verbal battering on here, but I'd rather we didn't let our prospective signings pass out from heat stroke before they can sign on the dotted line.

I’m not sure you know enough about what completing a transfer entails, in order to call it bullshit..

You think they just jump off a plane, get into the kit and pose for photos? No.
After what Karl said, I was expecting Chris Williams to jump out of a plane with Findlay and parachute into the training ground pitch... clearly not how they’re announcing it...

Praying for something tomorrow morning - even if the players don't get into the West Brom match, at least give us something to shout about.

Would be interesting to get Colin’s views on the transfer status/Karl’s head being turned etc?

We know they’re coming. Try and enjoy the fact football is back in under 2 weeks - regardless of who’s wearing the shirt or how tough a game it’s going to be… It’s back and I can’t bloody wait.
Bring it on coyy

What like the comment from the manager at the end of the season quote we’re going to get our business done early, bullshit
I love your admiration for our manager, it has a unique quality. I expect it's informed by your extensive dealings in the transfer market as a former manager yourself?

Can I surprise you......
What, we’re going to sign a fit player who’s played regular football over the last few seasons with experience of knowing how to get out of league one? Oh, and still has youth on his side and isn’t known by Karl’s agent!!

Last edited:
What, we’re going to sign a fit player who’s played regular football over the last few seasons with experience of knowing how to get out of league one? Oh, and still has youth on his side and isn’t know by Karl’s agent!!

Sounds like Herbie Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom