Current Player #25 Will Goodwin

I’m predicting Goodwin will score 18 in 58 games for us before we sell him to Cardiff for £1.2m in summer window 2025. It’s a signing that’s just got that feel about it !!! Great signing though and looking forward to seeing him in action.

Only 3 teams have scored more goals than us this season. Not even top of the league Pompey have scored as many goals as us so we clearly have players that can score goals.
You seem to be trying to find negatives that aren’t there.
Not at all.
The need for a striker is and was clear to every Oxford United supporter so when we do sign a promising young striker it’s cause to celebrate. I like the look of him, I think he’ll do well here. But to learn he’ll miss the next 3+ games is disapointing. Simple as that. Like I said, let’s hope the others keep chipping in.

E9U6h89X0AkLH4Z

No one’s ‘stressing’ about Goodwin missing a few games, but if Harris gets injured and no one else chips in with the goals, where are they coming from? Hardly stressing is it, it’s bleeding obvious we still need another striker, now. Let’s hope Harris keeps banging them in and stays fit.
Gregly’s back! Time for him to regain the top scorer spot.

On the face of it I’m really pleased with this signing. Looks physical and has some goals in him I think, as well as the potential for a hefty transfer fee in the future. Welcome Will Goodwin.

What is frustrating for me is the perceived lack of urgency about NOW. Here we are, as we find ourselves only a few points from the top having been very inconsistent with our performances and decimated by injuries. On this occasion there is plenty of room to prioritise the short term and get a quality loan forward who can contribute throughout January. Given our history with injured players and what we have had to endure as a squad, I don’t think fans are being unreasonable with this one.

Seems like when he’s fit he’s a fairly prolific scorer. 6 goals from 1039 minutes of league football this season which means he averages a goal every 173 minutes. Excited to see if him and Rodrigues can form some sort of partnership.
And doesn’t that compare well with our own top scorers this season?
And for a cr*p team.

Will Goodwin was fit enough last Saturday to occupy a place on the bench so has a very minor issue.

GDullUDXAAA1bYg

I’m predicting Goodwin will score 18 in 58 games for us before we sell him to Cardiff for £1.2m in summer window 2025. It’s a signing that’s just got that feel about it !!! Great signing though and looking forward to seeing him in action.
Why would we sell him in 2025 to a rival Championship side, assuming of course by then Cardiff aren't in League 1.

No one’s ‘stressing’ about Goodwin missing a few games, but if Harris gets injured and no one else chips in with the goals, where are they coming from? Hardly stressing is it, it’s bleeding obvious we still need another striker, now. Let’s hope Harris keeps banging them in and stays fit.

Bazzer was, there are several pages of it. 😬

I wonder how Stoke City will spend their "sizeable fee" from the sell on clause?
I'm sure £60,000 will make all the difference to their season.

Back
Top Bottom