Away Match Build Up 27/04/2024: L1 - Exeter City v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben or George made a good point on the Dub about Exeter. They are in good form but have nothing to play for. They will probably go out to entertain, play with freedom and go for the win. That suits us more (and opens up space for Josh and Owen to run in to) then a team playing defensive and compact.
I agree but when our chances come along we MUST take them

That high press employed against Peterborough worked so well. If Exeter want to come out and play, we have the response ready. Watched the Brighton - Man City game yesterday and to see their (City) press in action was really something. Brighton, apparently, are drilled into playing out from the back. City swarmed all over them and the result is testament to the effectiveness of their press.
Get an early goal and let them do all the work.

Last edited:
I agree but when our chances come along we MUST take them
Yep and the added point to that is if the first few chances don't go in we cant panic. Sometimes I think we start to snatch at things a wee bit if things dont go our way straight away. We need cool and professional heads out there (I.e. as much as I love Ruben he needs to not mouth off and be calm).

That said, your fundamental point stands. We need to take those chances and maybe a little bit of luck (i.e. linesman not missing obvious penalty against Marcus Browne).

So as not to curse us I'm tempted to not look or listen to any football tomorrow and turn all notifications off. My record is so f*****g bad this season.

Attending in person home and away: LWLLD
Listening Live: LLLDDLLWL
Watching Live iFollow: DDDLD

Can you blame me?

That might play into our hands though. We are a better side if teams come at us a bit instead of sitting back. Exeter could play with just enough freedom to allow us to get our wingers in on the counter attack.
Yeah surely a much worse scenario would be a well-organised, strong, defensive, compact side who just needed a point and would be happy to sit in… if Exeter want to attack and come at us that’s great, we can exploit the spaces on the counter attack, and I think if they do score they’ll keep coming rather than sit back and try and see out a 1-0 lead like Stevenage and Lincoln did, which will give us more opportunities to come back into the game.

Also - maybe grasping at straws - this is the first time Lincoln have been in the top six. Pressure on them.

Setting off out for the weekend so am limited to checking the score in the workshop breaks tomorrow.
Crossing everything that we get something but my gut feeling is we'll lose and everything will be academic.
Nonetheless, COYY!

Also - maybe grasping at straws - this is the first time Lincoln have been in the top six. Pressure on them.
Well, first time for two weeks. Table after we beat Fleetwood at the beginning of the month...

1714123647483.png

They then drew against Reading letting us above them on April 6th, reclaiming 6th place on the 20th.

We have just got to win ,and if it goes our way great .We've got to go for it and give it our all. 100% effort let's hope we get the rub of the green and don't let a goal in.

Can't see us winning (or losing!) - a draw & Lincoln will draw with Pompey leaving the door open for Blackpool.
I am just surprised that there are people who think that this is a definite draw (seems to be the case here).
Football is so unpredictable. I wouldn't be surprised if Exeter go for us and Murphy catches them 2 to 3 times and we win comfortably.
Also if they score first, they could catch us and win.
A treble chance as they used to say on the pools ( any result is possible)

The one game this is a likely draw this weekend is Colchester v Crewe where both just need a draw ( but I wouldn't be surprised if one side wins that either)

So as not to curse us I'm tempted to not look or listen to any football tomorrow and turn all notifications off. My record is so f*****g bad this season.

Can you blame me?
At least you have a choice. I'll be flying from Lanzarote to Manchester and won't have a clue until I land, around 4p.m.

If it wasn't the last games of the season, I think most people would expect us to get a result and Lincoln to lose or draw.
Portsmouth have only lost 5 times this season.

I'm nervous, but cautiously optimistic.

Can you blame me?
How did we do in the games you didn't attend/watch / or listen to? 🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom