Away Match Build Up 27/04/2024: L1 - Exeter City v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the three main contenders, I foresee that two will win and one will lose.

Who does what is the tricky bit.....

Here's how I see it going down....

We will win, comfortable 2-0 victory.
Blackpool won't beat Reading.
Sadly I think Barnsley and Lincoln will both win, most likely in dramatic fashion, late goals securing their play off places, leaving us 7th in the table.

Unfortunately I can't be at the game tomorrow, due to having a minor operation earlier in the week. Did enquire about having a pacemaker fitted especially for Saturday, just in case things get too tense!!

Here's how I see it going down....

We will win, comfortable 2-0 victory.
Blackpool won't beat Reading.
Sadly I think Barnsley and Lincoln will both win, most likely in dramatic fashion, late goals securing their play off places, leaving us 7th in the table.

Unfortunately I can't be at the game tomorrow, due to having a minor operation earlier in the week. Did enquire about having a pacemaker fitted especially for Saturday, just in case things get too tense!!
A preemptive pacemaker sounds like a good shout to me

FWIW the bookmakers have Oxford , Barnsley and Blackpool to win with Lincoln to lose https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B1/C1/D1002/E91717488/G40/H^1/
These odds have Ox and Barnsley 65% likely to win, with Lincoln and Blackpool around 50% likely.

You’ll get 2/1 on a Barnsley and a Lincoln double if anyone’s looking to compensate against disappointment… The bookies don’t think they’ll both win (I do, I think Pompey are on the beach and Northampton are rubbish), and IF we win we should make the top 6.

I am just surprised that there are people who think that this is a definite draw (seems to be the case here).
Football is so unpredictable. I wouldn't be surprised if Exeter go for us and Murphy catches them 2 to 3 times and we win comfortably.
Also if they score first, they could catch us and win.
A treble chance as they used to say on the pools ( any result is possible)

The one game this is a likely draw this weekend is Colchester v Crewe where both just need a draw ( but I wouldn't be surprised if one side wins that either)
Yeah it’s weird, people on here generally seem far less confident against Exeter than they were against Lincoln or Stevenage… but for some reason I’m convinced we’re going to win tomorrow, whereas I was more feeling a draw in those two games (I now only wish we had managed that, of course!)

We’ve had a good amount of rest so tired legs won’t be a problem like they were in those games (and we’ve actually had an extra day to recover over Exeter) and them having nothing to play for should make it an open and end to end game, which plays into our hands and how we want to go about things. We’re also playing fairly well at the moment, despite the disappointing results and the players will be bang up for it.

For me (knowing that tomorrow will be a disappointment, as we’re Oxford fans and rarely get to have nice things) we’ll win tomorrow but so will Lincoln and Barnsley.

So as not to curse us I'm tempted to not look or listen to any football tomorrow and turn all notifications off. My record is so f*****g bad this season.

Attending in person home and away: LWLLD
Listening Live: LLLDDLLWL
Watching Live iFollow: DDDLD

Can you blame me?
If I could persuade my wife I would have flown over. My in person record this season is WWW.

Tomorrow OUFC fans are welcome in the Fanzone (including the volunteer run real ale and cider bar in the centre Spot bar). There will be no alcohol available once inside the ground.
Have a safe trip, see you tomorrow.
Exeter are such a decent football club.

Although I might change my opinion at 2.30pm tomorrow.

Famous Exter City Real Ale and Cider Emporium (the FECRACE)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426_154513_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240426_154513_Facebook.jpg
    848.2 KB · Views: 7
This came in to OxVox yesterday - apols if it's been posted already - if anyone feels like emailing to arrange, here's the email and details:

///

Hello!

I’m Katie from the Saturday Breakfast Show on BBC Local Radio in the South, we cover BBC Radio Oxford, Berkshire and Solent.

On Saturday, the last day of the footy season, we are hoping to chat to a fan from all of the League One clubs in the region.

Can you send this out to your members please? For anyone who’s like to take part it would involve a quick chat on the phone on Saturday morning, a bit of fun and chance to reflect on the season.

Many thanks in advance!

Katie

Katie Martin
BBC Local Radio
Solent / Berkshire / Oxford

///

katie.martin@bbc.co.uk

My plan for tomorrow is simple I will sit down to watch the game on ifollow with a couple of beer’s now this is the fun bit if we win I will have more beer if we finish top 6 and if we don’t finish top 6 I will have more beer to drown my sorrows.

I’m 50/50 on what I’m expecting tomorrow i just hope the lads finish the season on a high

Ben or George made a good point on the Dub about Exeter. They are in good form but have nothing to play for. They will probably go out to entertain, play with freedom and go for the win. That suits us more (and opens up space for Josh and Owen to run in to) then a team playing defensive and compact.

Yeah, I think there's probably something to this - there is absolutely zero incentive for Exeter to employ the dark arts, time-waste and s***house. Their only goal ought to be to entertain their fans, and give them a good game to enjoy to end the season.

This ought to be more in our favour, as I'd back us most days to win a football match against most League One clubs. But we are still useless when our opponents turn it into a wrestling bout.......

I think we'll win. But I also think Barnsley and Lincoln will win as well. Northampton are poor, and whilst Pompey are clearly a much more talented side, I can't see them matching Lincoln's intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom