Home Match Day Thread 30/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Doncaster

Poor again, against a relegated team, way behind those fighting it off for automatics and play offs.
What on earth people think is going to change with kr in charge next term is beyond me. When you look at what MK, even Wycombe have produced this season, can kr produce similar, when he hasn't in 3 years.
Sometimes I wonder if its the Oxford fans who so prepared to accept abject failure from kr, that is keeping him in a job.

Poor again, against a relegated team, way behind those fighting it off for automatics and play offs.
What on earth people think is going to change with kr in charge next term is beyond me. When you look at what MK, even Wycombe have produced this season, can kr produce similar, when he hasn't in 3 years.
Sometimes I wonder if its the Oxford fans who so prepared to accept abject failure from kr, that is keeping him in a job.
Still you travelled 600 miles through rain and snow to be there. Doesn’t sound worth it if we’re so bad

Great round of applause from the fans though.

Sometimes I wonder if its the Oxford fans who so prepared to accept abject failure from kr, that is keeping jhim in a job.
Tbf I think he has to have one memory season with the backing of our new owners wanting championship on a couple of years with the next season the 2nd year. Hope he has a budget to achieve that

Don't think you can judge our performance today on the fact we had nothing to play for. It felt like a pre season friendly on and off the pitch.

Bit hard to draw many conclusions from that. I thought Golding was great, Whyte quite bad, and Mcguane decent in the second half. He has to make more things happen though, he’s too ready to get rid of the ball cautiously rather than striking forwards

On todays performance Whyte thanks but no thanks
Mcguane nice touches but doesn't do much else
Golding I liked him he should definitely be around the 1st team next season it was a boring match but it was expected tbf roll on next season can't wait

That's MK and Wycombe who have got in the play-offs this season, as we did in the past 2 seasons? So yes he has produced similar.

Prepared to accept abject failure?
We're punching above/in-line with our weight. Anything below this level is abject failure.

Bit of a knee jerk reaction following a dead rubber of a game where little was learnt, or gained.
7 points off the play offs is hardly abject failure.
He’s got my vote for next season and it seems the majority can recognise what he’s done and will do for this club.
Each to their own and all that.

Ah that was a deflating end, least we didn't drop a place, Sheff Wed to win the play offs!

Was a bit flat today with nothing to play for but was good to to see Golding who had a very good game. My day was not helped by discovering someone had ran into my car in the cat park. I was parked in a disabled bay behind the East stand, these bays are extra wide so how someone managed to cause the damage I don’t know.

Don't think you can judge our performance today on the fact we had nothing to play for. It felt like a pre season friendly on and off the pitch.
The players should still try and finish with a win, there wasn’t any real effort from us today.

The players should still try and finish with a win, there wasn’t any real effort from us today.

I don't think you can say the players had a lack of effort. Golding, Long, Mcnally, Williams, Seddon, Mcguane, Brannagan, Bodin, Browne and Taylor all had decent games. Stevens should of saved their goal, Whyte might aswell of stayed on the beach is the only negatives. That Williams shot that hit the post, if that went in the game would of been different.

Felt like a pre season friendly and even Karl in his interview was suggesting he was using it like one assessing players.

Back
Top Bottom