General Attendances

Mind you back in the Manor days , the ground was sometimes absolutely heaving , couldn't move.
5 minutes before the end , the tannoy announcer would say today's attendance is 5,050.
The whole ground would all look around in astonishment , NO WAY 😂.
I think it happened , up & down the country.
2000 would of crawled under the legs of people just at the London rd turnstiles😉
I started in the Cuckoo Lane. My Dad would pay and they used to let me jump over the turnstile!

I clocked that our average attendance listed on RageOnline for this season thus far at home is 7,175. I thought that looked low and saw that the three Cup and Trophy matches were included in that which hauls the average down massively. Excluding games against MK Dons, Maidenhead and Chelsea U21s, the average League attendance this season is 8,994 across eight matches, a difference of 1,819 compared to the average for all matches.

This website is good for average attendances:

I’m often critical about our home attendances, but this match popped up on my YouTube feed. It was the day after Jim Smith stepped down, meaning it was Darren Patterson’s first match in charge. Nice result, but look at that attendance figure.

I’ll never moan again about our crowds. (I will but it was a good way to end the post).

View attachment 16647

Average MK home game.

Wigans time in the top flight has definitely upped their fan base. I remember the old days they would have struggled to reach 5k in this division.

Some poor poor crowds ...
80/81 Burnley away...3,938
Blackpool away 3,188
Hull home 2,934
Carlisle home 2,712
78/79
Tranmere away 1,381 !!!!!
Blackpool home 2,924

Back
Top Bottom