Matches Burton 6th April - Train Strike

As of 10am there were 800 sold of a 1600 allocation.

Was told by the TO over the phone that tickets WILL be available on the day to OUFC supporters.

Why is this conflicting information STILL happening this season?

Website article still says none available on the day.
But the ticket office is giving out information saying there will be tickets available on the day, but no club media post or website edit to back this up.
If your giving info out over the phone, make sure it matches what is available by other mediums!

Why is this conflicting information STILL happening this season?

Website article still says none available on the day.
But the ticket office is giving out information saying there will be tickets available on the day, but no club media post or website edit to back this up.
If your giving info out over the phone, make sure it matches what is available by other mediums!

Couldn’t agree more. Could it be one that @OUSP could clear up and request that the club update their social media and ticketing press release accordingly?

Couldn’t agree more. Could it be one that @OUSP could clear up and request that the club update their social media and ticketing press release accordingly?
100%

And an actual tweet about it.
There has been no tweet about Burton tickets since the middle of March.
Just a couple of re-publishes of the original website article on the website with no accompanying social post.

I've been saying for a number of seasons now that we need a OUFCTickets type twitter account that purely tweets ticket information and keeps it separate to the main club account. The club account can then retweet any vital information changes.

100%

And an actual tweet about it.
There has been no tweet about Burton tickets since the middle of March.
Just a couple of re-publishes of the original website article on the website with no accompanying social post.

I've been saying for a number of seasons now that we need a OUFCTickets type twitter account that purely tweets ticket information and keeps it separate to the main club account. The club account can then retweet any vital information changes.

This second paragraph and suggestion would be great!

We checked this morning and have been told that " Burton remains all ticket".
If that were to change the club would announce it.

We checked this morning and have been told that " Burton remains all ticket".
If that were to change the club would announce it.

I literally spoke to Charlotte in the ticket office at 10am and she said different.

The fresh club tweet still doesn't mention it is all-ticket, but I guess slightly alludes to make sure you buy asap by saying "limited tickets remain".

Seems utterly random with the numbering being offered now.
Search for one terrace ticket, listed as 1270.
Search for two terrace tickets, listed as 854 & 855.
Search for eight terrace tickets, listed as 836-843.

I was told that Tuesday morning when I ordered my tickets over the phone .

Yes, however Charlotte said yesterday (Weds) at 10am that tickets would be available to purchase on the day at Burton. Conflicting info and i believe OUSP were waiting on an update from the club, in order to clear up the confusion.

Any update?

Yes, however Charlotte said yesterday (Weds) at 10am that tickets would be available to purchase on the day at Burton. Conflicting info and i believe OUSP were waiting on an update from the club, in order to clear up the confusion.
I've not had a chance to follow up today on my message to the club about this, but the clear message I got on Wednesday (edit to correct day) from the Head of Ticketing was that it was all ticket.
Any change, if there is one, would be announced by the club, but assume it's all-ticket.

Last edited:
I've not had a chance to follow up today on my message to the club about this, but the clear message I got on Tuesday from the Head of Ticketing was that it was all ticket.
Any change, if there is one, would be announced by the club, but assume it's all-ticket.
be handy if the club actually responded promptly to urgent questions from a supporters group IMO - feels like 'we', via representatives, are being Bensonalised, which is like being marginalised, but by someone who should respond to supporters groups promptly

Plenty of past games where they’ve said it all ticket and fans have rocked up on the day and been able to pay.

I've not had a chance to follow up today on my message to the club about this, but the clear message I got on Wednesday (edit to correct day) from the Head of Ticketing was that it was all ticket.

Thanks for the update.

As a designated voice for the supporters, I'm not really sure that you should have to be chasing the club when simply trying to decipher whether or not our supporters can purchase tickets on the day, for an away game that is in a couple of days time.

Why you would have a member of staff say one thing over the phone and yet a different message is coming if you speak to somebody else? It is p1ss poor, again.

Thanks for the update.

As a designated voice for the supporters, I'm not really sure that you should have to be chasing the club when simply trying to decipher whether or not our supporters can purchase tickets on the day, for an away game that is in a couple of days time.

Why you would have a member of staff say one thing over the phone and yet a different message is coming if you speak to somebody else? It is p1ss poor, again.

Looks like that member of staff was correct.

Over 500 tickets unsold so available on the day.

Back
Top Bottom