Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

As this is the Des Buckingham thread, what do we know about the man outside of football? Is he married? Kids? Where does he live? I read he has a pilots licence but aside of that not much else about him away from Oxford United. Not being nosey, just be interesting to know a bit more about him after 6 months in the job. We never got to know too much about Manning but seemed to know a lot more about Robinson outside of football.
I've heard rumours of this thing called google ;)

As this is the Des Buckingham thread, what do we know about the man outside of football? Is he married? Kids? Where does he live? I read he has a pilots licence but aside of that not much else about him away from Oxford United. Not being nosey, just be interesting to know a bit more about him after 6 months in the job. We never got to know too much about Manning but seemed to know a lot more about Robinson outside of football.

Not everyone wants the public to know everything about their private life. Robinson was happy to share, his wife was an ex actress and had a radio show so it made sense for them I suppose.

• React
Reactions: m
Not everyone wants the public to know everything about their private life. Robinson was happy to share, his wife was an ex actress and had a radio show so it made sense for them I suppose.

Yeah, I agree. Just curious to know a bit more about the man, being a local, that's all. Not about to set up camp on his doorstep if we know where his home is!!! :)

No. Hanson actually got a game here and there.
Hanson was a crock for 4 seasons .Findlay is a fit & reliable player that passed a medical, he would walk straight into this team in league 1 next season .

Without him we would of been playing in league 2 this season .When he came into the team we improved .

Then the same manager binned him off. Plus that's not true, he played in games before the end of the season run in, was as culpable as the rest during that time. Manning improved the team, giving Findlay the whole credit for us staying up is ridiculous. He is also the worst passer of a football I have ever seen.

Who cares? It's no-one's business. If he chooses to remain private, that's up to him.

Who cares? It's no-one's business. If he chooses to remain private, that's up to him.

Untwist your knickers ...... it's not the end of the world, we've had plenty of threads over the years about players, where they're based etc. Having relocated from India I was just curious if he'd found a permanent home etc.

I think he was with his niece wasn't he? Not that I'm keeping a file! Manning has wife children and a dog from what he said whilst here.
I like seeing the players with their families at the last game. Tyler has a gf! I hope his mum likes her. Owen Dale's toddler was cute.

Hanson was a crock for 4 seasons .Findlay is a fit & reliable player that passed a medical, he would walk straight into this team in league 1 next season .
Not sure I agree with that.
Findlay's distribution was so poor that he struggled with the possession style
At times it was embarrassing

Hanson the mythical ' defensive midfielder ' we were , and still are , waiting for!

Funny story about this. I remember Robbo being in complete ecstasy when the deal was coming close and was making sure everyone knew about it, but wouldn't give us a name of who it was. As the week progressed he blurted it that he was coming from Derby, was 6ft2 and was a proper defensive midfielder and it was an unbelievable coup for the club, despite a sizable fee being spent - myself and my colleagues had convinced ourselves we were signing George Thorne and joined KR in excitement. It gets to deadline day and I am sent to the training ground to pick up two of our new signings and take them over to the Kassam for pictures and media - I walk into Karl's office to see a young Asian lad who looked no older than 15 and then in hobbles another guy who is no taller than 5ft8. Confused, I make a joke asking where our new signings were and Robbo sheepishly looks to the floor.

It's fair to say that the car journey with Tsun Dai and Jamie Hanson was a very long half hour for me.

Hanson then gives away a penalty on debut the following Saturday, and we actually sign George Thorne less than a year later.

Back
Top Bottom