Matches Display for Wembley on Saturday

I was close to having to endure Taylor Swift... luckily she couldn't get them 🙌🙌🙌

She just made me watch the whole 3 hour+ concert when it was released on Disney instead o_O

Thankfully my step daughter has a TV in her room to watch it, a lot of people say that you shouldn't do that for kids, but then you ask them if they want to sit through a 3 hour Taylor Swift concert and they will soon change their mind.

Sometimes you have to take the missus places you don't want to go to. Been to Harry Styles as well, but have managed to get out of Taylor Swifts four hour concert thankfully.
A few years ago I took my ex Mrs to Wembley Arena to see George Michael.

The audience was 90% middle aged women, who were in denial that George Michael was gay (my ex Mrs fell into this category), 10% gay men...................and me. It was certainly an experience!

Having said that, though, George was absolutely excellent, and one of the best I've seen live. Given what happened to him in the following years, I'm glad I got the chance to see him live before his sad demise.

A few years ago I took my ex Mrs to Wembley Arena to see George Michael.

The audience was 90% middle aged women, who were in denial that George Michael was gay (my ex Mrs fell into this category), 10% gay men...................and me. It was certainly an experience!

Having said that, though, George was absolutely excellent, and one of the best I've seen live. Given what happened to him in the following years, I'm glad I got the chance to see him live before his sad demise.

Its a very different experience than going there for a football match, at Harry Styles I was the only one at the bar, while the queue for merchandise was a few thousand teenage girls long each stall. Also you can walk round the entire tier you are in as obviously no segregation, while the family queued for the merchandise I went to the toilet, bought a beer, walked around the entire tier with a pitstop at some club Wembley VIP area where I tried to blag my way in as his uncle but failed, finished the beer and came back to find them only half way up the queue, will be a completely different world on Saturday.

Pah! You lot and your pop concerts. I'm flying up to Glasgow next month at the behest of (the wonderful!) Mrs L to sit through the Berlioz Requiem performed by more musicians, singers etc than you can shake a stick at. Four brass bands are required and a huge choir. A lot of the brass section don't even make it onto the stage and turn up all around the concert hall. Now, that's an event!

Pah! You lot and your pop concerts. I'm flying up to Glasgow next month at the behest of (the wonderful!) Mrs L to sit through the Berlioz Requiem performed by more musicians, singers etc than you can shake a stick at. Four brass bands are required and a huge choir. A lot of the brass section don't even make it onto the stage and turn up all around the concert hall. Now, that's an event!
I hope she handled getting the tickets for this, otherwise you'll probably be sat at the back behind a pillar if left to yourself...

I hope she handled getting the tickets for this, otherwise you'll probably be sat at the back behind a pillar if left to yourself...
She did. Her bag, the concert stuff. I normally do all the footy tickets and travel arrangements. Going to be a good week in Scotland, visiting old friends in Largs and will be my first time in Glasgow. I have been promised a deep fried Mars Bar but, not so sure about the concept!

She did. Her bag, the concert stuff. I normally do all the footy tickets and travel arrangements. Going to be a good week in Scotland, visiting old friends in Largs and will be my first time in Glasgow. I have been promised a deep fried Mars Bar but, not so sure about the concept!
Shortbread biscuits ?

Its a very different experience than going there for a football match, at Harry Styles I was the only one at the bar, while the queue for merchandise was a few thousand teenage girls long each stall. Also you can walk round the entire tier you are in as obviously no segregation, while the family queued for the merchandise I went to the toilet, bought a beer, walked around the entire tier with a pitstop at some club Wembley VIP area where I tried to blag my way in as his uncle but failed, finished the beer and came back to find them only half way up the queue, will be a completely different world on Saturday.
I'm guessing the beer was warm and flat.

Fantastic work all, the flags were great, the surfer was immense, hope someone has a decent pic of it. Oxford fans just blew the Bolton fans away, there was something in the air at our end from well before kick off, until we'll after it.

Back
Top Bottom