EFL EFL Playoffs

I would expect plenty being unhappy, demanding increased spending etc, like any other club tbh just as I'm sure Luton had their share. We certainly have had those who demand we don't sell our players under the model because it would mean we are promoted.

I would hope after last season the majority would back it mind.
Don’t think Looton or Coventry sold their better players last season

Don’t think Looton or Coventry sold their better players last season

Coventry sold regular Dominic Hyam to Blackburn for £1.5m last summer and have used a lot of loans*. Luton sold James Bree and Harry Cornick for good fees and got a fee for Peter Kioso this last season. Not that long ago Luton also sold the likes of James Justin and Jack Stacey for big fees.

*That isn't a criticism.

I was impressed by the attitude of both sets of players and managers. No simulation,no continual moaning at the officials,plenty of respect between the teams. Also liked the way that the luton striker went straight over to Dabo and comiserated at the end. Touch of class

Stockport 1-1 Carlisle

Extra time looms. Been a lot of hoofball, but I think the score line is fair.

Well we spent a couple of years gradually regressing before last season’s spectacular collapse, and the overwhelming majority of people were still happy with that, so I can only imagine that actually moving forward for a bit would be warmly received.

It’s not really been that gradual either, 4 promotions in 9 years is pretty rapid.

Justifying our stagnation/regression is starting to take to new levels of desperation.

Carlisle next season. Looking forward to my visit and my hotdog.

Congrats to them.

That’s put some miles on the average away trip distance for next season. Been years since we played Stockport so I would of preferred them.

It’s not really been that gradual either, 4 promotions in 9 years is pretty rapid.

Justifying our stagnation/regression is starting to take to new levels of desperation.
My dad is a Luton fan. Born and raised in Dunstable. The difference between them and a lot of clubs is that they don’t view performing broadly to spec as a victory. They demand maximum effort and revel in punching above their weight. They like that people don’t like them, and they’ve got a gritty, winning mentality.

Their fans got the success they deserved, whether people like them or not. They demanded it.

My dad is a Luton fan. Born and raised in Dunstable. The difference between them and a lot of clubs is that they don’t view performing broadly to spec as a victory. They demand maximum effort and revel in punching above their weight. They like that people don’t like them, and they’ve got a gritty, winning mentality.

Their fans got the success they deserved, whether people like them or not. They demanded it.
A lot of the stick Luton get on here comes across as slight jealously.

We had good battles with them in the conference. Lively games - more fun that playing Histon. Their fans aren't angels but historically neither our sections of our fans.

They're a club of a similar structure to us who have reached the PL. They've clearly got a system and a structure that works for them.

Fair play. Hopefully we can do what they've done one day. They haven't just used money to power their way up like Bournemouth.

We had good battles with them in the conference. Lively games - more fun that playing Histon. Their fans aren't angels but historically neither our sections of our fans.

They're a club of a similar structure to us who have reached the PL. They've clearly got a system and a structure that works for them.

Fair play. Hopefully we can do what they've done one day. They haven't just used money to power their way up like Bournemouth.

They have a lot of players on less money than Brannagan, they are just a lot better than us at recruiting and then building a side.

I get a bit of rivalry but if it was some cuddly team everyone would be claiming a miracle, that and they have blown the whole slow and steady, need a new ground first theory out of the water.

Interestingly Luton’s last game in the FL before relegation to the conference was against Brentford, the next time they play each other it will be in the premier league. Which blows away the “we were playing Histon 13 years ago” argument, not that it was ever a very strong one.

There is absolutely no jealousy on my part. Until these last couple of weeks I hadn't given Luton a second thought.

Last season I looked out for Notts Forest as I always saw them as a decent club when I was growing up. I looked out for Brentford to see if Baptiste would get any games. I had Lundstram and Baldock in my fantasy football team at times, and looked out for Sheff United as a result.

Luton will mean very little to me unless we draw them in the cup or they come down and we go up to meet them the following season.

Well we spent a couple of years gradually regressing before last season’s spectacular collapse, and the overwhelming majority of people were still happy with that, so I can only imagine that actually moving forward for a bit would be warmly received.
The real question is whether we even want to go up to the Championship when we could wait a couple more years and be really ready

There is absolutely no jealousy on my part. Until these last couple of weeks I hadn't given Luton a second thought.

Last season I looked out for Notts Forest as I always saw them as a decent club when I was growing up. I looked out for Brentford to see if Baptiste would get any games. I had Lundstram and Baldock in my fantasy football team at times, and looked out for Sheff United as a result.

Luton will mean very little to me unless we draw them in the cup or they come down and we go up to meet them the following season.
I don't like Luton, but didn't in the Conference when we moved a division above them. So no jealousy - just don't like the town ot the club . The crowd singing support of Tommy Robinson, is just one of the reasons

The real question is whether we even want to go up to the Championship when we could wait a couple more years and be really ready
I know that a small number on here have always said that we weren't good enough to go up and would come down again, but who doesn't want us to go up. Seriously?

We should be jealous of Luton's position.

I'm jealous of Plymouth. Of Brighton. Brentford too.

If you're not jealous you're not paying attention.

It's healthy to want more from your club and to be envious of those who get it from theirs.

Back
Top Bottom