Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.51 - Accrington at home

I'll echo that, thanks Paul, looking forward to your first report of 2023/2024. It can't have been easy after some of the depressing defeats over the last nine months, as on occasion I didn't want to even read anything about OUFC, never mind write it.

I enjoy your recollections of your whole day out, particularly which pubs you visited on away days. I have also enjoyed the occasions when you have done a financial analysis of our opponents, and if you ever want a hand with that side of things, I'd be happy to help.

Enjoy the summer.

Thanks for doing these, I've always enjoyed reading them. Hopefully you'll continue with these in the new season.

Sincere thanks for your Reports, Paul. Whatever the result, they're always worth reading.

Well, at least we won't have to sit through anymore of the same for a few weeks! Now, when does it all start again? Getting twitchy already.

I'll echo that, thanks Paul, looking forward to your first report of 2023/2024. It can't have been easy after some of the depressing defeats over the last nine months, as on occasion I didn't want to even read anything about OUFC, never mind write it.

I enjoy your recollections of your whole day out, particularly which pubs you visited on away days. I have also enjoyed the occasions when you have done a financial analysis of our opponents, and if you ever want a hand with that side of things, I'd be happy to help.

Enjoy the summer.
Cheers Colin. I may well take you up on that.

As I’ve said before I only started doing the financial analysis when there were idiotic comments from some Oxford fans years back claiming that we should be much better than the likes of Fleetwood (or whoever) because we had bigger budgets. Looking into it proved this not to be the case.

Then the Price of Football podcast came along with Kieran McGuire and I got into the financial side even more. That is compulsive listening for me. That guy really knows his stuff. Kevin Day provides the comedy. Both absolutely dedicated to their teams Brighton and Palace. Now there’s a rivalry.

Thank you for all of your reports, what I like so much is that are honest and fair reflecting what you can see and feel about our club, so many comments are often hyped up either way , yours thankfully are not
Enjoy your break!

Cheers Colin. I may well take you up on that.

As I’ve said before I only started doing the financial analysis when there were idiotic comments from some Oxford fans years back claiming that we should be much better than the likes of Fleetwood (or whoever) because we had bigger budgets. Looking into it proved this not to be the case.

Then the Price of Football podcast came along with Kieran McGuire and I got into the financial side even more. That is compulsive listening for me. That guy really knows his stuff. Kevin Day provides the comedy. Both absolutely dedicated to their teams Brighton and Palace. Now there’s a rivalry.
Please feel free to Paul.

It will surprise nobody who reads the dot counting threads, to know that I regularly update my own spreadsheet with lots of financial data from EFL clubs (I don't bother with the Premier League ones, as I feel they're irrelevant to us). I break it down into various sections, such as total income, gate income, season ticket income, commercial income, Sky income, and transfer income, while also doing the same with expenditure such as playing budget, administration, interest and loans, stadium costs!!!, and transfers paid. Not every club provides every set of numbers, but if you know where, and how, to look, it's surprising what is out there, and I present it in a standard format that hopefully makes comparison with other clubs easy on the eye. It's a lot of work initially, but I enjoy having the information so that I can use it as I see fit, and I am a numbers geek!

You're right about The Price of Football, it's very entertaining as well as informative. Swiss Ramble on Twitter is worth a look too, but he mostly looks at the bigger clubs.

Please feel free to Paul.

It will surprise nobody who reads the dot counting threads, to know that I regularly update my own spreadsheet with lots of financial data from EFL clubs (I don't bother with the Premier League ones, as I feel they're irrelevant to us). I break it down into various sections, such as total income, gate income, season ticket income, commercial income, Sky income, and transfer income, while also doing the same with expenditure such as playing budget, administration, interest and loans, stadium costs!!!, and transfers paid. Not every club provides every set of numbers, but if you know where, and how, to look, it's surprising what is out there, and I present it in a standard format that hopefully makes comparison with other clubs easy on the eye. It's a lot of work initially, but I enjoy having the information so that I can use it as I see fit, and I am a numbers geek!

You're right about The Price of Football, it's very entertaining as well as informative. Swiss Ramble on Twitter is worth a look too, but he mostly looks at the bigger clubs.
Having all that info to hand Colin, superb. Would make sense to incorporate that next season. Spreadsheet heaven. I've had the P**s taken out me at times for having "everything on spreadsheets" - not got all this stuff though. Fantastic work.

Well, at least we won't have to sit through anymore of the same for a few weeks! Now, when does it all start again? Getting twitchy already.

Back
Top Bottom