General Fuel Prices

Leysboy

Just drove past the Co op petrol Station in Didcot, and they are charging 189.9 a ltr for Diesel, and 179.9 for Petrol.

It’s an absolute disgrace, sky rocketing prices, and taking advantage of people. I guess you have to go to the Supermarkets fuel stations, to get cheaper fuel, but I don’t think it will be by much.

Just drove past the Co op petrol Station in Didcot, and they are charging 189.9 a ltr for Diesel, and 179.9 for Petrol.

It’s an absolute disgrace, sky rocketing prices, and taking advantage of people. I guess you have to go to the Supermarkets fuel stations, to get cheaper fuel, but I don’t think it will be by much.
£1.63 Petrol and £1.71 Diesel in Didcot sainsbury's a minute ago. Only a mile from the co op...

over £1.90 for 'standard' Diesel, over £1.80 for standard (E10 - now with higher, seal damaging Ethanol content) petrol

for the premium grades - Ultimate etc - Petrol (E5 - lower ethanol content- better/ safer for 'older engines) knocking on the door of £2 per litre .... Diesel exceeding the £2 per litre point by almost 10p

at the closest fuel station to me

Supermarket fuels is cheaper as there's less/ minimal engine protecting additives- 'fine ' for short journeys at slow(er) speeds,
not so for distance driving and higher speeds- supermarket 'city' grade Deisel, for e example, seriously accelerates wear on fuel injectors, clogs up filters and forms excessive carbon deposits in exhaust systems

Fuel companies purchased their current stock weeks ago - they are quite simply and cynically profiteering

IMO the government should temporarily cut or abolish fuel duty/ tax and or VAT on fuel ..... the government are restricting many taxpayers ability to work, and therefore earn, which it follows then to pay taxes

I went to get to diesel at Tesco Cowley last night,none at any pump, went back this morning and got some, no premium unleaded avaliable, £1.65.9 a litre, that's £7.50 a gallon of my guesstimate is correct, so that's about 18p Ish per mile

over £1.90 for 'standard' Diesel, over £1.80 for standard (E10 - now with higher, seal damaging Ethanol content) petrol

for the premium grades - Ultimate etc - Petrol (E5 - lower ethanol content- better/ safer for 'older engines) knocking on the door of £2 per litre .... Diesel exceeding the £2 per litre point by almost 10p

at the closest fuel station to me

Supermarket fuels is cheaper as there's less/ minimal engine protecting additives- 'fine ' for short journeys at slow(er) speeds,
not so for distance driving and higher speeds- supermarket 'city' grade Deisel, for e example, seriously accelerates wear on fuel injectors, clogs up filters and forms excessive carbon deposits in exhaust systems

Fuel companies purchased their current stock weeks ago - they are quite simply and cynically profiteering

IMO the government should temporarily cut or abolish fuel duty/ tax and or VAT on fuel ..... the government are restricting many taxpayers ability to work, and therefore earn, which it follows then to pay taxes
is that cherwell drive?, Always seems expensive to me,the amount of petrol stations that have closed over the years really restricts choice

Worth signing up if just to have a look locally. Prices really can vary and on occasion the smaller forecourts have better prices.

is that cherwell drive?, Always seems expensive to me,the amount of petrol stations that have closed over the years really restricts choice
thats the one... it usually is .... rob dogs!

Fuel prices rocketing (and I do a hefty amount of miles commuting) and I got a speeding notice come through this morning for tearing down the M3 at 62 mph , 5 days after spending £675 on service and MOT on Monday, cracking week as a motorist. Oh and I am fighting a parking charge in Baker Street as I was parked up waiting for a shutter to open momentarily, plus my car got scratched by some idiot in a car park.

First world problems I suppose, although my bank balance is starting to look a bit third world.

• Sad
Reactions: QR
Mad how quickly the prices go up, yet they certainly don't come down as quickly when prices settle.
Likewise gas and leccy. The amount of people who genuinely think these prices are temporary and that the lovely energy companies will give up those juicy profits, well, I've got a bridge to sell you

thats the one... it usually is .... rob dogs!
(surprising ) update ... local fuel station appears to have reduced its price per litre - Petrol (E10) £1.64.9 ... Diesel £1.78.9

Sainsbury Kidlington - Petrol (E10) £1.54.9 , (city) Diesel £1.68.9

Last edited:

Taking advantage how? Have you seen the price of Brent?

Taking advantage how? Have you seen the price of Brent?

Crude oil prices in 2008 were only slightly lower than they currently are and petrol was approximately £1.10 a litre how can they justify the current prices.
The government are also making a killing on VAT as well.

Heating oil has gone through the roof too. I paid £245 for 500 litres last December. 3 months on, this week I paid £538 for the same amount. More than double.

Hmm. On one thread people are complaining the Uk is not doing enough for Ukraine. On another complaining the fuel prices are going up. They are going up because there is less available fuel because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Maybe paying more at the pump could be considered doing your bit for Ukraine?

£159.9 for petrol E10 at Sutton Courtney ngaragebandbrhatbgaragebwasnone of the cheapest in Oxfordshire. I bet when this is all over and things do get back to normal, I bet the fuel prices won’t go below £1.50 a litre again.

£159.9 for petrol E10 at Sutton Courtney ngaragebandbrhatbgaragebwasnone of the cheapest in Oxfordshire. I bet when this is all over and things do get back to normal, I bet the fuel prices won’t go below £1.50 a litre again.

Jeez Baz, I find Welsh a difficult language, but some of “your“ creations are totally incomprehensible 😉

Filled up on Tuesday at Sainsburys in Banbury at £1.51.9. Drove past the Texaco garage on the Warwick Road in Banbury 10 minutes later, the price was £1.69.9 ! 18p a liter difference. Robbing bastards!

Typical market forces at work.

Cost of living is only going to continue to go up in the foreseeable.

Still, at least we’re not being bombed out of our home and have to escape our country (yet) and to all intents and purposes get to enjoy a settled life, albeit more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom