EPL Jack Grealish - £100m?!

Manchester United have been splashing their cash. Can’t help feeling that is going to end in tears

Manchester United have been splashing their cash. Can’t help feeling that is going to end in tears

And why’s that ? Yeah, you’d have thought signing a genuine world class defender in Varane and a talent like Sancho can only weaken them. 🙄

Footballers are like pieces of Art, they are worth as much as people are willing to pay. English talent within the top flight always go for more than equivalent overseas players.

And why’s that ? Yeah, you’d have thought signing a genuine world class defender in Varane and a talent like Sancho can only weaken them. [emoji849]
You don't think this arms race of transfer fees escalating into the hundreds of millions during a relative economic downturn is going to harm the sport in general if left unchecked?

High level of assists
Carries the ball further than many top players
More dribbles per game than anyone else
More completed dribbles per game than anyone else
Quick
Technically gifted
Strong
Young
English

I’m a Grealish fan. £100mil in today’s market is about right..

Big Grealish fan.

But £100 mil sums up just how barmy player valuations have become.

Aren't Villa interested in Stevens? With 100 mill in the bank they may be able to afford him now.

You don't think this arms race of transfer fees escalating into the hundreds of millions during a relative economic downturn is going to harm the sport in general if left unchecked?

If a league one club start spending £100 million on a player then maybe (even one as rich as us) but that’s unlikely. It’s not Man City’s fault if lower level clubs spend beyond there means, if you buy a house for two million quid that doesn’t mean I should sell my caravan and buy one does it?

If a league one club start spending £100 million on a player then maybe (even one as rich as us) but that’s unlikely. It’s not Man City’s fault if lower level clubs spend beyond there means, if you buy a house for two million quid that doesn’t mean I should sell my caravan and buy one does it?

This is more like if I bought a decent house for 10 million quid, and now if you need a caravan, it's going to cost £500,000

Grealish is fine for City but wouldn’t suit any counter attacking team. He’s very good at retaining the ball but his instinct when he first receives it is to turn towards his own goal and completely slow down the momentum. City like to plot their way towards goal and he will be great but at somewhere like Man Utd I think he’d drive them mad with how they want to turn defence into attack as quickly as possible. He’s a great player but not one of those players who would fit every team.

You could say that £150m and counting is a touch rich for a 28 yr old with dodgy ankles too...bite their hands off and run Levy while you've got the chance.

Spurs just want him to force a move so they look better in front of there fans, make him the bad guy and pocket the cash.

He's gone to Citeh, £200k a week on a 6 year deal, a nice £62 million for his contract.

Jack Grealish must have put the lid on Harry Kane moving to city.
While I like Grealish, city have a number of midfielders who play in similar positions.

Kane however would bring that one quantified quality - Goals!
I can’t help but think city have just bought more of the same.
Quite where this leaves Kane, who knows?
Either him or his agent dropped a giant bollock signing off on his last contract.
If he truly wished to win trophies, he should never have signed.
That contract will ensure that he stays at least to the end of this season and maybe beyond.
There are very few clubs with the clout to pay £100m for his services.
Of course, he is on a fantastic wage there. He may just have to grin and bear it!
Of course, there is always the possibility of silverware in the Carabao cup!!!

Jack Grealish must have put the lid on Harry Kane moving to city.
While I like Grealish, city have a number of midfielders who play in similar positions.

Kane however would bring that one quantified quality - Goals!
I can’t help but think city have just bought more of the same.
Quite where this leaves Kane, who knows?
Either him or his agent dropped a giant bollock signing off on his last contract.
If he truly wished to win trophies, he should never have signed.
That contract will ensure that he stays at least to the end of this season and maybe beyond.
There are very few clubs with the clout to pay £100m for his services.
Of course, he is on a fantastic wage there. He may just have to grin and bear it!
Of course, there is always the possibility of silverware in the Carabao cup!!!

I'm not so sure that Kane is now unobtainable. With the FFP relaxation due to COVID, it gives Man City a unique opportunity to buy talent, whatever the cost. Like PSG, they seem keen to take it.

PSG are one of the few who could possibly give Levy the kind of payoff that he believes he is due.
However, it looks like Messi will be going to PSG on a free (huge wages too). Do they really need Kane? Who knows?
What I do know is that Kane will have to be bought for a new British transfer record if he is to move anywhere this window, and I cannot see anyone paying it right now.

Messi will either stay at Barcelona (if Barcelona agree to sign a deal with la liga where they guarantee they won’t join a super league la liga will give them £200 million of a new commercial deal apparently) or go to PSG for a massive wage in his bank and an even more massive wage hidden away in brown paper bags in offshore accounts.

Kane will go to City, Spurs paid a fortune for a new ground that they have hardly used yet, they just want Kane to ask for a transfer so the fans turn on him and they can pocket a hundred million plus on a 28 year old who will never be worth as much again and who wants to leave.

PSG are one of the few who could possibly give Levy the kind of payoff that he believes he is due.
However, it looks like Messi will be going to PSG on a free (huge wages too). Do they really need Kane? Who knows?
What I do know is that Kane will have to be bought for a new British transfer record if he is to move anywhere this window, and I cannot see anyone paying it right now.
there is no-one outside of England that is going to be interested in (or able) spending that sort of money on Kane.
Man City maybe, but even they will be looking not to pay 'cash', they will be trying to offload some players in exchange. Man U maybe, if their owners want to distract fans with a marquee signing. No-one else I would think.
So the sight of Kane sulking in a Spurs shirt is highly likely.

Grealish showing the value in having a proper agent rather than letting a family member play dress-up like Kane and his brother. Signed a new deal at Villa, release clause set with some very fair provisos (buyer must be Champions League and Villa must not have qualified for it themselves in the process), and the fee was set high enough to more than compensate Villa while also making the player just about affordable for the biggest of the big. Which he clearly decided was all he was willing to leave Villa for - the very best where medals and trophies are guaranteed.

Meanwhile, Harry Kane signed a six year deal at the age of 25 on the back of winning the golden boot at a World Cup, which involved absolutely no formal release clause of any description, tying him to Spurs until the age of 31. He had all the leverage and his brother (who has no other clients, funnily enough) completely threw it away. Any half-decent agent would’ve had him sign a four year contract that meant absolute worst case scenario he’s off on a free at 29, but realistically off at 28 latest so Spurs don’t lose him for nothing, and had some sort of release clause inserted. Something that said that after two years of the contract a minimum fee clause kicked in, or that in the event that the club failed to qualify for the Champions League he became available for X. That’s bread and butter stuff for a player of his calibre who is, frankly, too good for his employer. Probably the best centre forward in the Premier League and one of the top three number nines in world football, at the age of 25 and with a World Cup golden boot in his backpack, and his brother tied him to Tottenham f*****g Hotspur for the next six years, with absolutely no proviso? Jesus Christ on a bike. And he can’t put forward the narrative of “I was just doing right by the club I love” anymore either, because for the last few days he’s locked himself in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World rather than show up for work. All because he let his brother pretend to be a businessman and ended up handcuffed with absolutely zero wiggle room. I almost hope he gets stuck there, playing in the Europa Conference League in front of fans who now know that he prefers Mickey Mouse to them. You either leave for an elite club that showers you with silverware or you stay put, become a one club man who breaks all the records, and then retires with a statue or a stand named after them. Maybe even both. If Kane can’t get out then he’s probably going to end up stuck in the middle, seeing out his days with a club that knows he thinks it’s s**t on his shoe and which would therefore rather bring back Fulham’s Michael Jackson statue than make one of him.

If Grealish ends up going back to Villa on a free to finish up in 5/6 years then that’s the ultimate footballing narrative. Don’t let me down, thunder calves!

Back
Top Bottom