Ex Player James Beadle

I don't buy the argument that moving to a struggling Championship team from a promotion hunting division one team would be bad for his development.

He is already a proven Div 1 keeper, there is no doubting that, so Championship is his next logical destination. If Sheff Weds / Brum are interested then his main consideration will be game time. They would have to persaude him that he is a guarenteed starter; do that and then we could be in trouble.

I wonder who we have got in our sights as a potential replacement? I'm sure the recruitment team would be planniing for this scenario just in case it came to fruition.

** Let's make sure we sing his name loud and proud the next few games, show him what he means to us! It's been brilliant to watch him progress, he has all the raw ingredients to be an absolute star.**

If Birmingham City offer to pay his wages and a loan fee, guaranteed first team championship football then he is probably gone. They are not turning down the chance to give championship game time to a very young goalie at a profit to them, if he succeeds then his value will go through the roof and he has experience at a higher level, if he doesn't then he is young enough to start again and they can blame it on the fact that Rooney is a s**t manager, no lose situation.

perhaps, just perhaps our owners may put in an offer to Brighton to sign JB ? ( that'd 'sock it to 'em' ( Rooneys Brummies)

Last edited:
If you watch his interview when he signed for us, he states twice in the first 30 seconds that Manning played a massive part in making his decision to join us.
I’d be surprised if he turned down the chance to play half a season in the Championship to stay with us. Here’s hoping!

Is there some level of financial consideration in this: ie that Wednesday or any other Championship team can and will pay a bigger slice of his wages than us?

Player of the season for me, a severe blow if he departs.

Birmingham I can see but where are Wednesday getting the additional money as they are losing £ms and the owner previously said he isn't funding the losses anymore?

I can see a scenario where The Snake has had a word with Brighton, and suggested they recall Beadle in January, and then loan him to Bristol City.

Would be a very sneaky way of getting around the agreement to not come back and poach any of our players.

I can see a scenario where The Snake has had a word with Brighton, and suggested they recall Beadle in January, and then loan him to Bristol City.

Would be a very sneaky way of getting around the agreement to not come back and poach any of our players.
Surely he's not enough of a dick to do that? That goes beyond being snakey.

Surely he's not enough of a dick to do that? That goes beyond being snakey.
That’s football. They’ll do whatever they need to get an edge. We’d do exactly the same.

If we’re going to loose Beadle in the transfer window I hope the club already know, and have a plan in place.

Neither those in the club now (other than beadle) or crocombe are good enough.

Last edited:

He won't do that, he's a Man of honesty and integrity.

I don't buy the argument that moving to a struggling Championship team from a promotion hunting division one team would be bad for his development.

He is already a proven Div 1 keeper, there is no doubting that, so Championship is his next logical destination. If Sheff Weds / Brum are interested then his main consideration will be game time. They would have to persaude him that he is a guarenteed starter; do that and then we could be in trouble.

I wonder who we have got in our sights as a potential replacement? I'm sure the recruitment team would be planniing for this scenario just in case it came to fruition.

** Let's make sure we sing his name loud and proud the next few games, show him what he means to us! It's been brilliant to watch him progress, he has all the raw ingredients to be an absolute star.**
Might be slightly controversial, but while he's certainly on the way to be being a high class keeper in League One, there are still facets of his game that need improving - namely his decision making on crosses, those days when it gets a bit more physical in the box (ie Cheltenham, Orient, etc) and also becoming a little more consistent with his kicking.

I'm certainly not criticising him - he's been excellent this season and I'd loved watching him, but as with any young keeper, there's still room for development and improvement and I hope we will be witnessing that until the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom