• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cumming
Bennett
Burey
Edwards (eventually)
Goodwin (hopefully)

But don't worry, we will bring in at least 2 more wingers/forwards and probably someone more central too.
So one addition to the ones already here, plus Goodwin if we sign him!

I don't know why you find these things so hard. We have signed 5 players and will sign more.

Maybe wait until 1st February before having a moan.
Because it’s like when people manipulate statistics which can be interpreted differently (you’re an expert at it) e.g. some might read the posters comments about signing 5 players thinking we’ve increased our squad by 5 players, whereas, some of those 5 are basically replacing those that have moved on (Beadle) and others that were already here (Bennett & Edwards).

And I’m not moaning, I’m just clarifying the information provided as I thought I might have missed something.

Because it’s like when people manipulate statistics which can be interpreted differently (you’re an expert at it) e.g. some might read the posters comments about signing 5 players thinking we’ve increased our squad by 5 players, whereas, some of those 5 are basically replacing those that have moved on (Beadle) and others that were already here (Bennett & Edwards).

And I’m not moaning, I’m just clarifying the information provided as I thought I might have missed something.

Literally no one thinks that we've increased our playing group by 5! No one is that naive. But that doesn't take away from the fact that we have made 5 signings, will make more and others may leave. And then we can all judge at the end whether we're stronger or not.

so if we sign 7 and lose 8 in the summer, we have signed -1 players? Even if they are all upgrades
I guess you could ask if we’re re-signing/extending contracts of existing players within that 7!! So if we lost 8 players, but signed 7, and of those 7 only 4 of those were new signings with the other 3 being existing players, then I’d say we lost 4 players in total.

Literally no one thinks that we've increased our playing group by 5! No one is that naive. But that doesn't take away from the fact that we have made 5 signings, will make more and others may leave. And then we can all judge at the end whether we're stronger or not.
We won’t know if we’re stronger until we see them play/they’ve had time to settle in etc. Just because we sign 5 players (one at the moment really) doesn’t automatically mean we’re stronger.

• React
Reactions: DSM
We won’t know if we’re stronger until we see them play/they’ve had time to settle in etc. Just because we sign 5 players (one at the moment really) doesn’t automatically mean we’re stronger.
I can almost understand you with bennett/edwards, but cumming I mean come on, are you saying that we didnt actually sign anyone when we brought in atkinson as he replaced dickie?

I can almost understand you with bennett/edwards, but cumming I mean come on, are you saying that we didnt actually sign anyone when we brought in atkinson as he replaced dickie?
Before the transfer window commenced, both supporters and even Des himself felt we needed 6 additional players, so if we lose one of those existing players (Beadle) and replace him with Cumming, then yes we’ve signed one, but I’d say this isn’t in addition e.g. one of the additional 6 players originally alluded to.

Last edited:
Before the transfer window commenced, both supporters and even Des himself felt we needed 6 additional players, so if we lose one of those existing players (Beadle) and replace him with Cumming, then yes we’ve signed one, but I’d say this isn’t in addition to what we had before e.g. it’s just one in/one out, so cannot say if we’re stronger etc.

I don't know why I do this to myself, but can you give one single quote from Des Buckingham, or indeed anyone but yourself, where they have wanted 6 ADDITIONAL players, and therefore a net gain on numbers within the playing squad?

You appear obsessed with something that no one has ever said!

I don't know why I do this to myself, but can you give one single quote from Des Buckingham, or indeed anyone but yourself, where they have wanted 6 ADDITIONAL players, and therefore a net gain on numbers within the playing squad?

You appear obsessed with something that no one has ever said!
I vaguely remember hearing Des saying it in an interview, but I think most of us felt we needed at least 5 or 6 additional players before we knew what would happen to the likes of Beadle, Edwards, Bennett, Mills, Perkins to name but a few! Add to this Browne, Murphy, Henry, Bodin and possibly even O’Donkor (always felt he needs a loan out) then our numbers were gettting woefully thin pre-transfer window, hence the numbers mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom