Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You genuinely think Goodrham is a £4m footballer ? If we had an offer for half that it’d be a race to see who can get to the Kassam quick enough to transport him to his new club. £4m !!!!!! He’s nothing like. What are you seeing to think he’s worth that ?
Teams pay for potential, plus attackers go for a lot more than defenders. Tyler isn’t the finished article but he is already easily worth between 2.5 & 3 million quid.
Plus a player is worth what a club say he is, if TG is the difference between championship football (an extra 7-10 million in revenue) or staying in league 1 then the club aren’t going to let him go for peanuts.

The fact he won’t be going anywhere does mean this conversation is slightly pointless.

I do like Tyler but don't think he's irreplaceable for a decent fee and a MASSIVE sell-on clause. Mind you, with our injury record so far this season we'd need to move fast to make sure we're not short until the likes of Browne, Murphy, Bodin and Edwards are fit.

You’re not wrong in your statement but personally with all the injuries we have got currently there’s no way I would sanction a move for him in this window. The best scenario is him getting into double figures for this season & then allow a bidding war to come in the summer. The club need to be smart on this we’ve got an Academy product Left winger who’s scored a number of worldies since breaking into the 1st team last season so there’s no way we can accept the likes of £2 Million+ anymore if he was at Peterborough now MacAnthony would be getting the very best price possible for his club & we need to be on par with them now, the money we get for Tyler needs to be a real game changer

We’ve seen already last summer the likes of Barnsley sold their Left Back Liam Kitching for £5M to Coventry

Who is the same age as Tyler, only play 26 more league games than him and is a defender.
Peterborough are holding out for £10million for him.
Edwards will be an England international one day & would imagine he goes to one of the top clubs. Absolutely top class he is, but attacking players aren’t easy to come by & he’s got massive potential like you say, we should be holding out for £3m+ when the time comes and id imagine that’s factored into his new deal.

Who is the same age as Tyler, only play 26 more league games than him and is a defender.
Peterborough are holding out for £10million for him.
But Oxford are a soft touch, and I expect a number of teams know it. When have we ever sold a player who we then thought ‘yeah, he was rubbish; a good deal done there’? I can only think of Shandon, where we sold an injury-prone player for ABOVE his worth.
No doubt Tyler will go at the end of the season for a snip, and some Championship team will walk away with a great big smirk and a potentially great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom