Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people on here need to get of the wacky backy.
We've just signed a 21 year old striker for 400k.
You think a 20 year old winger is going to command a fee around 2.5m.
As for 4m, people are living in cloud cuckoo land.
A dose of reality is needed.
We signed Harris on a free !!! Who on earth would pay money for that Kane guy !
And if Goodwin has had a good couple of months scoring 6 goals ....Let's see if he keeps scoring and playing well in a year or two his value will be through the Roofe

From what Des was saying about a striker who can play as winger, it sounds as if we weren't actually in for him ourselves, despite the Alan Nixon stuff?
Would assume we were in at some stage, just maybe have gone elsewhere. Certainly hope we have something else lined up as I was personally very excited about the prospect of Marriott signing

From what Des was saying about a striker who can play as winger, it sounds as if we weren't actually in for him ourselves, despite the Alan Nixon stuff?
Given how we’ve kept every other signing very quiet recently I wouldn’t be surprised by this at all.

Just to prove I’m ITK I’m going to give a bit of transfer news.
We are going to sign some players tomorrow. You heard it here first. Don’t ask im not going to reveal my sauce 😜🥫

Unfortunately every club at our level is a selling club and someone bigger will want your best talent.
It’s been part of our model for a good few years now, look at players like Roofe, Rothwell, Dickie, McNally, Baptist, O’Dowda, Atkinson, Fosu.
Since 2016 we have received £19.48million in transfer fees. Our club, with very very little income streams, rely on player trading.

On the flip side, in the same period we have spent a total of £1.86million and £465k was on Goodwin and £225k on Cam Bran.

This is quite alarming.

In 2016 our Balance Sheet was £12 million insolvent and in 2022 it is £20 million insolvent, yet during this time you are saying we have had a net return from player sales of £17.5 million.

So in 6 years we have burned through more than £25 million on just the running of the club 😱

We definitely, definitely were. Unfortunately it was a deal we failed to get done despite the player wanting the move, and we move on. I know this from someone very well connected. We are struggling on deals. Disappointing but it's how we roll.

We definitely, definitely were. Unfortunately it was a deal we failed to get done despite the player wanting the move, and we move on. I know this from someone very well connected. We are struggling on deals. Disappointing but it's how we roll.
OK, Why do you think this is the case? No money, not enough recruitment staff, people don’t fancy the club or like Des, or what?

I imagine wrexham have offered a very good deal. Shame they popped up

But do we ever get a decent payout from these add-ons???

We’ve never really got truly lucky with it, in truth. Exeter made a tonne off Ollie Watkins being sold from Brentford to Aston Villa. None of our sales have ever really kicked on enough to get a big level move to the PL.

Bearing in mind we’ve sold the likes of Baptiste, O’Dowda, Ledson, McNally, Dickie, Atkinson and so on and we’ve not seen anything from an additional sell on, it’s disappointing.

One thing it may show is that we know when to sell at the right time though.

Proven players at this level like Gregory at Sheffield Wednesday & Ennis at Blackburn will be available & on the move tomorrow.

Think there’s gonna be a lot of activity considering it’s been quiet for most clubs so far.

Dale is done but we’ve got 2 loan spots available still & I would be stunned if they aren’t filled.

This is quite alarming.

In 2016 our Balance Sheet was £12 million insolvent and in 2022 it is £20 million insolvent, yet during this time you are saying we have had a net return from player sales of £17.5 million.

So in 6 years we have burned through more than £25 million on just the running of the club 😱
We also made a profit one of those years but we also had Covid in this period which obviously didn’t help.

Player wages have gone up considerably since then but those figures show why we do still need to sell a player from time to time.
Fans might want to remember these figures too when they are complaining the owners aren’t competing with other clubs when it comes to paying out transfer fees and wages on the same level as others.
We are very lucky we have the owners we do but they are being seriously let down by those who are in control of the day to day running of the club.

Proven players at this level like Gregory at Sheffield Wednesday & Ennis at Blackburn will be available & on the move tomorrow.

Think there’s gonna be a lot of activity considering it’s been quiet for most clubs so far.

Dale is done but we’ve got 2 loan spots available still & I would be stunned if they aren’t filled.
Exactly. The club talk about planning through January and having a lists of targets, but I'm sure if someone like Ennis becomes available to us last minute he might suddenly have been 'on the list' all along! 😉 Quite feasible that out attention may be turned last minute do different targets. As long as the money is there, and with the two loan spots we van be quote responsive to opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom