Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is your choice. Marriott wanted to move closer to Northampton, he was a top target and talks had been ongoing, lots of expectation it would be done today, slow progress, Wrexham ramped up their interest and did the deal quickly.
In my experience if both player and club want the deal to be done then it gets done. For him to go Wrexham means he wasn’t that fussed on moving closer to home and has gone for extra pay. That’s his choice but I’m glad the club didn’t bow down to stupid wage demands.

We could in theory have delayed Goodwin's announcement till tomorrow. This would have avoided the disappointment of him being unavailable for (initially) four games instead of just the one, and we'd potentially have announced two strikers on the same day. Whether that could have been done in practice without anyone knowing, I'm not sure, and Cheltenham would have had to play ball too.
Cheltenham and pundits had already leaked the news

That is your choice. Marriott wanted to move closer to Northampton, he was a top target and talks had been ongoing, lots of expectation it would be done today, slow progress, Wrexham ramped up their interest and did the deal quickly.
Interesting that you know this and were never told about Burey, Goodwin or Cumming coming in.

It’s also interesting that the players not thinking much of Des and the club struggling to do deals rumours have come from two of the most negative posters on here.

As I’ve said previously, the club made a big effort to put an end to info getting leaked and I am of the belief there are no genuine ITKs on the forum anymore.

So yeah, I call bullshit on this one

Last edited:

Yeah well, I guess Wrexham is that much closer to Northampton than Oxford 🙃

Hope we don't sell Goodrham and this is all just gossip. Given the amount of interest he's attracted in the last year wouldn't surprise me if there's a release clause in that new deal of his though. We have to be realistic about our position as a selling club.

We definitely, definitely were. Unfortunately it was a deal we failed to get done despite the player wanting the move, and we move on. I know this from someone very well connected. We are struggling on deals. Disappointing but it's how we roll.

We will find out in exactly 24 hour, 6 minutes won’t we..

Let’s hope you’re wrong. Again

Would have been happy with Marriott but I am of the belief he isn't our first choice striker target (purely guesswork) or else we'd have got it done. Excited to see what Deadline Day brings.

Some people on here need to get of the wacky backy.
We've just signed a 21 year old striker for 400k.
You think a 20 year old winger is going to command a fee around 2.5m.
As for 4m, people are living in cloud cuckoo land.
A dose of reality is needed.

You my friend are hugely out of touch - Tyler is a game changer, I repeat we ain’t in the conference any more🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to remember that we have already completed our big jan signing of goodwin for 400k, burey and dale, 2 senior new wingers.
I think a young striker like leonard on loan will follow. Anything else is a bonus. Interesting that we were even linked with Marriott with the costs involved and we haven't even sold anyone to fund Jan. We were always going to be outbid by Wrexham

Got to remember that we have already completed our big jan signing of goodwin for 400k, burey and dale, 2 senior new wingers.
I think a young striker like leonard on loan will follow. Anything else is a bonus. Interesting that we were even linked with Marriott with the costs involved and we haven't even sold anyone to fund Jan. We were always going to be outbid by Wrexham
Bid damning for a Top 30 club mind.

We definitely, definitely were. Unfortunately it was a deal we failed to get done despite the player wanting the move, and we move on. I know this from someone very well connected. We are struggling on deals. Disappointing but it's how we roll.
Tbh Marriott has rarely played as a wide forward as was stated by Buckingham yesterday. If we have been beaten by Wrexham to his signature then fair enough. They will be offering stupid money and he’s looking for a long term last payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom